• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So ... How well will Taylor Heinicke perform?

Jeremy Igo

Just now, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

If Cam proved anything this season it's that he can stand in the pocket and dump it off short to YAC weapons.  There are guys going on 40 in the NFL who can still do that.

All the more reason these people saying that sound like morons. He's 29 and people act like his arm is falling off and he's turning to dust

He'll be great..   He hates the Falcons  ( I made that up )  ..  He will be seeing the field like Junie ( Matt Damon ) saw the hole in the Legend of Bagger Vance ( Will Smith )   ( Did I just slip a golf reference in with 112 days till THE MASTERS )

Heinicke  will solidify is place as the Back Up QB for the Panthers..

1 hour ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

This.  I think the message board will light up.  But I think Taylor can manage the game enough to win a meaningless contest in December but he is not a viable option week to week when there is something to play for.  

Yep..this.....and tape on him or those who think he could do the job for 16 games

still, a QB whose throwing arm isn’t damaged and can complete more than 10 yard pass should help

he will be blitzed constantly however 

Here's your bigger question.

Say Heinicke plays and wins the last two.

Say Minnesota drops two duds the last two weeks, and we somehow sneak into the #6 spot because of it.

Do you play Cam in the playoffs?

LOL

But yeah. I think Heinicke is a good option as our backup moving forward. He honestly won me over in the preseason when I was leaning towards Gilbert, and I think Heinicke outplayed him. They both had some very good plays in those games. Give him a chance and see what he can do. The worst we can do is give Cam two extra weeks of rest while we lose the last two without him. That isn't bad at all, tbqh.

Cam, and his people, should  seek their own advice

...as for Rivera, how could you send someone who can’t complete a 5 yard pass onto the field of a professional game?  How.?

are you stupid or oblivious?   Could you not see what was on the field right before your eyes?

if you have so little faith in the backup YOU chose and kept, that’s on you too.

the same comments go for Turner and the so called medical staff

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I feel like it is almost a certainty that Cam won't play Sunday. Rivera just doesn't want to give Atlanta a heads up (like it even matters anyways)

Taylor Heinicke was an underdog to win the backup QB position, but won it. So he has that going for him. 

What happens if he comes out and lights it up against Atlanta

We win!

Archived