• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So ... How well will Taylor Heinicke perform?

Jeremy Igo

I feel like it is almost a certainty that Cam won't play Sunday. Rivera just doesn't want to give Atlanta a heads up (like it even matters anyways)

Taylor Heinicke was an underdog to win the backup QB position, but won it. So he has that going for him. 

What happens if he comes out and lights it up against Atlanta? 

He will need a lot of help from the running game, so we should expect to see more reverses and trick plays.  He will manage the offense.  With the defense playing better, that could be enough.  If, however, he gets a lot of pressure, he could get rattled.

I have optimism that a healthy arm back there is better than what we have now, and i like MooseHead or St. Pauli's Girl or whatever.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

If he lights it up it won't mean much other than he had a good game.  If he lights it up in the final game also then one has to wonder how Ron thought a one armed Newton gave them the best chance to win during that 6 game skid.

This.  I think the message board will light up.  But I think Taylor can manage the game enough to win a meaningless contest in December but he is not a viable option week to week when there is something to play for.  

If he lights it up over the next two games, we have two options.

- Try to see if you can get a mid round pick for him.

or

- Start having difficult conversations about Cam’s future, especially if this shoulder weakness is the new norm.

That being said, I expect him to play like a backup QB. Doesn’t hurt to have a solid backup, especially with a QB on the wrong side of 30.

2 minutes ago, MikeD83 said:

If he lights it up over the next two games, we have two options.

- Try to see if you can get a mid round pick for him.

or

- Start having difficult conversations about Cam’s future, especially if this shoulder weakness is the new norm.

That being said, I expect him to play like a backup QB. Doesn’t hurt to have a solid backup, especially with a QB on the wrong side of 30.

Jeremy needs to pin a thread on here saying that cam is only 29. Way too many people say Cam's on the wrong side of 30

18 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

Jeremy needs to pin a thread on here saying that cam is only 29. Way too many people say Cam's on the wrong side of 30

By the time next season starts, he will be 30.  I'm assuming we're all on board with the idea that this season is over for him.

Archived