• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sadly, the Cam era may be coming to an end.

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I hope not, but I acknowledge it's possible.

And if it's possible, we have to make plans just in case it's true.

he should be IRed immediately and getting opinions by fuging lunchtime but rivera is riding his ass into the ground to save his own 

3 minutes ago, Nice-Carolina-Chuck said:

Clausen was an awesome college QB. We all wanted him and he fell into the 2nd when Delhomme was done. It was like money falling from the sky. He just didnt pan out. But it was a no brainer pick.

now, Matt Moore? Man that was awful and i cant believe that so many fans really thought he was going to be the answer

Clausen wasnt that awesome in college and not everyone one wanted him. 

So hurney qb draft record

Clausen

Lafor

Moore 

Cam

1 out of 4. 

39 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Flacco should be available 

I know he isn’t the best option but he is a option until Newton’s situation is figured out

we have so many needs right now ..not funny 

shame they didn’t bother to try and get Bridgewater for a third last year 

problem is too this offense has been tailored for Newton 

Our offense isn't the problem whatsoever.

You could drop Alex Smith into this offense and he'd be amazing.  I know!  Alex Smith has a weak arm . . . but with guys like DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel, Jarius Wright, CMC and Ian Thomas coming on you don't need a big arm.  Just get them the ball and let them do the rest.  We have weapons!

We do need some Oline help.  And a QB apparently.

9 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

he should be IRed immediately and getting opinions by fuging lunchtime but rivera is riding his ass into the ground to save his own 

Agreed.

It's a weird setup. Rivera is closely tied to Newton, yet at the same time he's quite possibly the guy who has damaged Cam's career the most.

Just now, Squirrel said:

Clausen was that awesome in college and not everyone one wanted him. 

So hurney qb draft record

Clausen

Lafor

Moore 

Cam

1 out of 4. 

There was one more kid who played for Cincinnati but I can't remember his name.  Was drafted the same draft as Lafor.  Hurney sucks at drafting, only thing that kept him afloat was luck and JR.

3 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Clausen wasnt that awesome in college and not everyone one wanted him. 

Some fans wanted him. Hurney definitely wanted him, so badly in fact that he almost traded away the pick that eventually became Cam Newton.

But 31 other NFL teams didn't want him.

That should have been a red flag.

Everyone outside of Charlotte said Cam couldn't continue to play like this and we all believed they were wrong and somehow Cam was different because he is a physical freak of nature.  Unfortunately, it appears they were right and I would have thought an ACL, achilles,  or concussion would have taken him out and certainly not his shoulder.  

2 minutes ago, Nice-Carolina-Chuck said:

Go back in look at that 2010 draft and tell me who we should picked. 

Hindsight 20/20 is real nice. 

The. problem with that is this isn’t a West Coast offense and going tomthat tyoe of offense negates the Air Coryell offense

i don’t have answers I just know that this HC and GM better have a better contingency plan this coming year than last

if I’m Tepper, Newton gets on a plane to the best shoulder guy in the country today

also, LT needs to be their draft pick or whatever we do will have the same effect

contingency equals either

1.  Best FA QB available or a trade for a backup that won’t break the bank yet can move a team and let Newton take all time needed 

2  draft and u defat and that draft pick may need to start and that is seldom a great idea

3 offensive  change over from Coryell 

4 or do what they did this year...nothing   Tickets don’t sell with that approach

Archived