• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sadly, the Cam era may be coming to an end.

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Saca312 said:

I don’t think he’s done. He’s still young and has plenty of time to go out, get surgery, and truely understand how to fix what’s going on.

That being said, he needs to be shut down right now.

Everybody said Drew Brees was done and look at him. 

47 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Seeing Cam's remarks kind of make me think he's just not looking forward to the surgery/recovery.  Remember, the football season is already a long hard grind as it is, when your 6 months off consist of constant pain and rehab, that's got to weigh on your mind and be hard.  Got to remember that players are people, and hearing him talk, I think HE was a reason for the delayed surgery the first time leading into 2017, that kind of rehab and offseason work can be a complete pain in the ass.

That said, I do still believe if he's committed, he can come back strong, but I don't know if he has the will anymore to go through the misery it will take for him to come back better than before.

I dont blame him.  I had my shoulder scoped for a torn labrum, and the recovery was the most painful thing I have ever had to go thru in my entire life.  It was excruciating. I have had 3 major back operations, including rods and screws, and the shoulder by far took the cake.  I dont blame him for not wanting to go thru that.  Also, the thing with those kind of operations is they go in there and tighten everything up to the max, because im sure there is come looseness and instability.  It is not fun at all, and if he has another operation, there is no guarantee he will ever be able to throw the same again.  Its sad, hes stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I think its important to realize that Cam is at a tough spot in his career.  While he doesn't want to take himself out - because people would question him, he shouldn't be playing with his shoulder.  It needs time.  Again, look at Andrew Luck.  He needed two years because he and the coaches were pigheaded.  Shut him down now, get him to Dr. Andrews, and get it fixed.  Give him time.  Look, let him sit the first half of next season if we need to.  We have to get him right.

We are several years away from a rookie QB stepping in.  This year is poop for rookies, who knows about 2020.  Instead, Cam needs time to heal and put together a few more good post 30 seasons.  We do need to find a viable developmental guy, but we're not going to find a new QB for a while.

I think we are all just so upset over this season and how it's gone, we all just need to turn it off.  Enjoy yourself, do something you love, spend time with your family.  Just skip the Panthers until after the Super Bowl...

3 minutes ago, Nice-Carolina-Chuck said:

Fans are overreacting. I thought Cam played well this season other than Norv not letting Cam air it deep. Cam can still play. Fans really want to draft a puss armed QB in Grier is ridiculously funny. 

A new HC and protection will get Cam back. 

A new HC may not be tied to Cam.

Rivera is, but there's no guarantee someone else will be.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I hope not, but I acknowledge it's possible.

And if it's possible, we have to make plans just in case it's true.

he should be IRed immediately and getting opinions by fuging lunchtime but rivera is riding his ass into the ground to save his own 

I don't believe the Cam era is nearing its end at all.  The man is beat to hell right now but I believe he will come back strong.  Benching him a couple weeks ago would have been in his and the teams best interest if rest is what his shoulder really needs.

This team has finally got some good weapons around him and if we get Daryl Williams back and healthy next season along with Moton, the protection could be good.  Yall see doom and gloom but I'm pretty optimistic about the future. Give Cam a chance to heal up and have some faith in him.  Now, if he still looks this way next season, then I'll worry.  Until then hes earned the benefit of the doubt.

3 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Brady is a anomaly and Prescott isnt that great.  It is the reason we sucked after Delhomme because Hurney thought he could draft any QB and we would be fine. He was wrong. 

Agreed & agreed. However, i'm half & half on Hurney drafting QBs. He sucked with the wimpy ones (Clausen). Excelled with the ones with charisma (Newton).

Archived