• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sadly, the Cam era may be coming to an end.

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Flacco should be available 

I know he isn’t the best option but he is a option until Newton’s situation is figured out

we have so many needs right now ..not funny 

shame they didn’t bother to try and get Bridgewater for a third last year 

problem is too this offense has been tailored for Newton 

Flaco is a statue though he would get killed behind this line.

7 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

This is premature.    

That’s what this thread is about

IMO Hurney and Rivera both should be gone for going into the 2018 season with a QB1 that had should surgery in 2017 and they don’t bother to staff a decent backup 

Bridgewater knows norvs system and would have been worth it

Instead, you see where we are

Whether Newton improves or not, there needs to be someone who can complete a pass behind him

and the way I feel is use  first rd on best LT available then all defense  few and far between are QBs in 4th rd, as some suggest, that make a difference 

since Jordan gross LT has been the worst position for the Panthers  they must fix it

Football is a business if Cam cant produce we need to being someone in that can.  At this point I'm with Jeremy you have to bring someone that can lead the team if Cam cant. Cant risk next season on Cam being healthy.  

Now is that a rookie or a veteran is the question. Grier is intriguing but honestly I think he will be a bust. Think we should bring in a veteran starter for next year and see if Cam can make it the season. If not we have a reliable backup.  If Cam doesnt make it through next season then draft a QB in 2020. 

1 hour ago, Nice-Carolina-Chuck said:

Dwayne Haskins is the best QB in this draft. Will Grier has a pussy ass arm. Everyone knows that.

Only reason you would want Grier is bc of his hot ass wife.

I hated this post until the last 3 words.  She is hot.

38 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I realize that many see Brees and Rivers and Rodgers and Brady etc. playing through age 35 and beyond, but that is not Cam's fate.  He has taken too many  beatings, and they take their toll.  His third contract is on the horizon, one that will begin at age 31 or so.  If this is the beginning of the end, then we need a QB now to groom for a year. 

Cam's expression last night was all I needed to see--it was as if he realized for the first time that he is mortal. 

His being, as has been much discussed, an "upper body thrower" doesn't really help matters.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Cam has said he has no answers on his shoulder from the best doctors available. It doesn't get better, it doesn't get worse. What we are seeing now is what it will be, and that ain't great news. 

His shoulder seems to be ok up until the mid point of the NFL season before it takes a turn for the worse. It just does not appear to be able to take the stress of a full season. Cam looked like he was throwing a shot put at times yesterday. Heartbreaking to watch. Sure, another surgery could possibly improve it, but it is just as likely (if not more likely) it could make it worse. 

I feel like the Panthers had better draft a QB early this year. A team with this type of heads up that doesn't draft a contingency is doomed. I like Will Grier out of WVU. Scrappy local kid. 

You've already said "throwing a shot put" a gazillion times. Come up with something new.

Anywho, yes. We should draft a back-up, maybe a 4th-5th rounder. But no, Grier is more of a 2nd rounder.

1 minute ago, MountaineerChemist10 said:

You've already said "throwing a shot put" a gazillion times. Come up with something new.

Anywho, yes. We should draft a back-up, maybe a 4th-5th rounder. But no, Grier is more of a 2nd rounder.

A 4th or 5th round qb is a wasted pick. Need someone that can take over the team if Cam cant. 

Archived