• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sadly, the Cam era may be coming to an end.

Jeremy Igo

23 minutes ago, Nice-Carolina-Chuck said:

Dwayne Haskins is the best QB in this draft. Will Grier has a pussy ass arm. Everyone knows that.

Only reason you would want Grier is bc of his hot ass wife.

I googled it, but still remain a bit foggy.  What exactly is a "pussy ass arm?"  You seem to have been combining three body parts to make a point about a football player.  I tried drawing it on some scrap paper in hopes to achieve some degree of clarity, but my artistic skills seem to have failed me.  I am bewildered and perplexed.  Link?

I’m not sold on this yet. Go ahead and IR Cam and let the doctors cut his shoulder open, see what all is going on and work on different rehab to strengthen it. We should have a good understanding of it before the draft but we need to go ahead and get the process started. Maybe draft a mid-round qb in case Cam doesn’t last all year and hope we get a steal or solid backup for the next starter.

1 minute ago, Icege said:

Only two QBs that I'm excited about at the college level (though I admittedly did not get to watch much, if any) are Dwayne Haskins and Trevor Lawrence. The former might return for one more year while the latter is just a freshman.

Cam's contract is built to be able to move on from him in 2019, or we can ride it out for 3 more seasons. If Cam can improve/adapt, I would prefer to keep him while whomever the team brings along is able to develop behind him.

Fingers are crossed for Cam that this gets worked out. Would hate for him to be 30 next year and having to deal with all of the "Welp, we told you he would break down" distractions floating around.

Agree on those college QBs and I would add Herbert although those other 2 are probably better.  There will be some teams looking to move up (skins, jags, Giants) so getting a QB will be tough, expensive.  The Panthers should definitely shut Cam down and call in Oscar Goldman or whoever to check that shoulder extensively.

Seeing Cam's remarks kind of make me think he's just not looking forward to the surgery/recovery.  Remember, the football season is already a long hard grind as it is, when your 6 months off consist of constant pain and rehab, that's got to weigh on your mind and be hard.  Got to remember that players are people, and hearing him talk, I think HE was a reason for the delayed surgery the first time leading into 2017, that kind of rehab and offseason work can be a complete pain in the ass.

That said, I do still believe if he's committed, he can come back strong, but I don't know if he has the will anymore to go through the misery it will take for him to come back better than before.

27 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Throwing on an injured shoulder screws with your mechanics, and with your head. Recovering from all the damage that's likely been done isn't gonna be easy.

I've said already my choice would be to try and give him time to recover, but also draft a backup plan. Grier would be my choice too.

I realize that many see Brees and Rivers and Rodgers and Brady etc. playing through age 35 and beyond, but that is not Cam's fate.  He has taken too many  beatings, and they take their toll.  His third contract is on the horizon, one that will begin at age 31 or so.  If this is the beginning of the end, then we need a QB now to groom for a year. 

Cam's expression last night was all I needed to see--it was as if he realized for the first time that he is mortal. 

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I realize that many see Brees and Rivers and Rodgers and Brady etc. playing through age 35 and beyond, but that is not Cam's fate.  He has taken too many  beatings, and they take their toll.  His third contract is on the horizon, one that will begin at age 31 or so.  If this is the beginning of the end, then we need a QB now to groom for a year. 

Cam's expression last night was all I needed to see--it was as if he realized for the first time that he is mortal. 

Pretty much.  Because of the hits and the way he plays anyway he has closer to running back longevity.

I’d put him in touch with Lucks people. Find out what Luck did to get right and follow the same path. 

If that means taking a year to heal then so be it. Come back in 2020 and be ready to go. If 2020 is old Cam, you sign him to an extension. If 2020 is a bomb and the shoulder is shot, it’s time to part ways. 

In this scenario, we are going to need to find a stop gap for next year. 

Just now, BIGH2001 said:

Pretty much.  Because of the hits and the way he plays anyway he has closer to running back longevity.

I have posted (unrelated to Cam) charts that show how RBs peak at 27 and hit a wall at 30 (statistically).  This is a good point.  Without his running ability to game plan against, Cam can't beat you from the pocket.  He is too inaccurate.  We can't come from behind with him as well.

Good point (comparing him to a RB).

2 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

I’d put him in touch with Lucks people. Find out what Luck did to get right and follow the same path. 

If that means taking a year to heal then so be it. Come back in 2020 and be ready to go. If 2020 is old Cam, you sign him to an extension. If 2020 is a bomb and the shoulder is shot, it’s time to part ways. 

In this scenario, we are going to need to find a stop gap for next year. 

This is a very sensible plan. We’d likely have a high pick in the 2020 draft to get a backup just in case.

Archived