• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sadly, the Cam era may be coming to an end.

Jeremy Igo

This is so damn depressing. Seven weeks ago I thought this team had SB as a real possibility, and Cam had a shot at winning another MVP. Now, neither is a remote possibility, and the prevailing thought that Cam may be a shadow of his former self makes me nauseous. He has had some great moments, seasons even, but is really over? If so, I’ll need some therapy to recover from the psychological trauma. Cam... I miss you already.  

5 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

this team is turning into swiss cheese...too many holes to fill. but i agree on finding another QB...if Cam comes back like days of old...we should have his successor in the wings. Or get lucky like Foxy and stumble upon another Duhlomme

who is Duhlomme ?

6 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

It's also Cam's own fault. Remember he constantly states that wants to be a football player first. Lets keep running that read-option so that 100 million dollar QB is your battering ram.

I guess this is what happens to a cat trying to roar like a lion. 

Your trolling about tight ends was bad, but you have really fallen off a cliff. You look like a buffoon

18 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Cam has said he has no answers on his shoulder from the best doctors available. It doesn't get better, it doesn't get worse. What we are seeing now is what it will be, and that ain't great news. 

His shoulder seems to be ok up until the mid point of the NFL season before it takes a turn for the worse. It just does not appear to be able to take the stress of a full season. Cam looked like he was throwing a shot put at times yesterday. Heartbreaking to watch. Sure, another surgery could possibly improve it, but it is just as likely (if not more likely) it could make it worse. 

I feel like the Panthers had better draft a QB early this year. A team with this type of heads up that doesn't draft a contingency is doomed. I like Will Grier out of WVU. Scrappy local kid. 

I think you draft a QB early when legit QBs exists.   You don’t draft a QB early because you happen to need one . Not worth it.  End up with a wasted pick and time.  

2019 isn’t a strong QB class.  Better off fixing the OL or D.  Next QB is gonna need a significantly better OL than Cam has had 

I am going to be legit depressed if we have to move on from Cam.  The one constant I thought we had was Cam Newton at QB for the foreseeable future.  Man, that would be a gut punch.  Where do we even go from here if thats the case?  Draft a QB at 10 or where ever we pick this year?  We need D-Line help in the worst way possible.  The only way this would be good for us is if we can somehow luck ourselves into a good QB on his rookie contract.  We can then spend that QB money on all the other holes we have.  Finding a starting quality rookie QB is one of the hardest things to do though....gahhhh, this sucks. 

Only two QBs that I'm excited about at the college level (though I admittedly did not get to watch much, if any) are Dwayne Haskins and Trevor Lawrence. The former might return for one more year while the latter is just a freshman.

Cam's contract is built to be able to move on from him in 2019, or we can ride it out for 3 more seasons. If Cam can improve/adapt, I would prefer to keep him while whomever the team brings along is able to develop behind him.

Fingers are crossed for Cam that this gets worked out. Would hate for him to be 30 next year and having to deal with all of the "Welp, we told you he would break down" distractions floating around.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think you draft a QB early when legit QBs exists.   You don’t draft a QB early because you happen to need one . Not worth it.  End up with a wasted pick and time.  

2019 isn’t a strong QB class.  Better off fixing the OL or D.  Next QB is gonna need a significantly better OL than Cam has had 

What do we do then???  Just draft O-Line and/or D-Line early this year, and go into next year knowing we are going to suck ass and battle for the #1 draft pick to draft Tua or whoever else is the flavor of the week next season?  Personally I like Haskins if we have to pick a QB in the next couple drafts.  Purely throwing the ball, he looks as good as anyone.

14 minutes ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

It's also Cam's own fault. Remember he constantly states that wants to be a football player first. Lets keep running that read-option so that 100 million dollar QB is your battering ram.

I guess this is what happens to a cat trying to roar like a lion. 

Dude

Archived