• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sadly, the Cam era may be coming to an end.

Jeremy Igo

12 hours ago, Icege said:

Only two QBs that I'm excited about at the college level (though I admittedly did not get to watch much, if any) are Dwayne Haskins and Trevor Lawrence. The former might return for one more year while the latter is just a freshman.

Cam's contract is built to be able to move on from him in 2019, or we can ride it out for 3 more seasons. If Cam can improve/adapt, I would prefer to keep him while whomever the team brings along is able to develop behind him.

Fingers are crossed for Cam that this gets worked out. Would hate for him to be 30 next year and having to deal with all of the "Welp, we told you he would break down" distractions floating around.

Just asking here, but you don't like Tua from Alabama?

12 hours ago, Black on Black said:

Just asking here, but you don't like Tua from Alabama?

Not so much a matter of not liking him as much as it is a matter of simply not having been able to watch him play. The few times that I've had Saturdays open during the college season I've spent watching Clemson, and because of all of the Ohio transplants the Ohio State games are always on down here. Family is from West Virginia so I do watch the Mountaineers when able but only got to maybe twice this season. 

I've heard good things, but haven't seen him. I'll get to see him during the CFP tho, so we'll see!

IF

While many of you are in denial, a smart person considers all possibilities--it is called divergent thinking--as opposed to sandbox pouting--if this is a career-ending situation for a qb, I wonder how Cam would like to play TE?  He is a great athlete and he could be good there--I know this is highly unlikely, but how many athletes like Cam ever played QB? Discuss.

46 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

IF

While many of you are in denial, a smart person considers all possibilities--it is called divergent thinking--as opposed to sandbox pouting--if this is a career-ending situation for a qb, I wonder how Cam would like to play TE?  He is a great athlete and he could be good there--I know this is highly unlikely, but how many athletes like Cam ever played QB? Discuss.

084.png

On 12/18/2018 at 9:29 AM, jtm said:

Everyone outside of Charlotte said Cam couldn't continue to play like this and we all believed they were wrong and somehow Cam was different because he is a physical freak of nature.  Unfortunately, it appears they were right and I would have thought an ACL, achilles,  or concussion would have taken him out and certainly not his shoulder.  

His initial shoulder injury and the one this year that hurt him (Pitt) was in the pocket....(or at least plays QBs make like after INTs etc.)

"playing like this"

Playing like a QB you mean....

I think it's weird how non medical personnel think this injury is career ending when we have no idea what his diagnosis is

Could it be? There's always a chance of that. But to sit here and act like that's written in stone is strange. 

It's encouraging to me that there is no structural damage and this is really just a question of soreness/stiffness. The rest along with continued therapy should do him wonders in the offseason and I don't see any reason to believe he won't be back to 100%.

In most chronic inflammatory conditions a prolonged period of rest is the only cure and that's the one thing he hasn't been able to do until now.

Archived