• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sadly, the Cam era may be coming to an end.

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

It only took a 2-14 season, and a hell of a lot of luck. You also forgot Vinny Testaverde.

I liked Vinny, so I kind of spared him on being included in such esteemed company lol. Same with Weinke.

But really if you're being brutally honest that list is approaching Cleveland Browns territory undoubtedly. And that was only in the span of what 2 or 3 seasons? You look at the league even now several years later and teams are still playing musical chairs with QB's left and right.

If his shoulder his truly hurt and wont get better. Thats a career and might be the saddest ending to a Career in NFL history because he wants to get it done but cant

If it was a knee injury and he wasn't mobile anymore

he could still evolve his game to be a very good pocket passer but a shoulder injury is devastating

hopefully he can heal up in the off season and the Panthers can fix the defense and we can get things turned around

8 hours ago, Ornias said:

Flaco is a statue though he would get killed behind this line.

Most quarterbacks would. Cam shakes so many sacks, and even just stands tall, and makes the throw with a defensive end hanging on his back. I think people will be shocked at how bad this offensive line, and unit, is once they see someone out there throwing that isn't Cam. I personally hope the Panthers get the chance to take the best left tackle in the draft. If Cam doesn't recover we'll need a strong line so we don't Cam the next young quarterback.

let him rest all of '19 if he needs to.  also play heineken or someone worse.  i have no desire for a qb who can get us to 8-8.   play hard, build, have shitty record, get good picks, cam comes back in 2020. we don't need to find the future now.  we need to prepare to find the future.  fug bridgewater and whoever else.  tank 2019.

Fans might be willing to waste a season. Players, coaches, executives and owners, not so much.

If they did decide to let Newton sit out a year, they're gonna want a fill-in who can at least try to do something, and a draft pick probably makes more sense because you can use that time to get him some experience.

Hopefully Cam gets healthy and is the Panthers quarterback for another 5+ seasons. He has his flaws but he is a once in a generation talent. I don't know anyone you could even compare him to. Never before seen combo of size and running ability from a QB.  Probably the best dual threat quarterback in NFL history.  Can't replace a Cam Newton

Can Cam play TE?  Bad joke i know.  Honestly, i think we gotta see what happens in the offseason and next season.  If he can throw well only half a season next year, we have our answer.  Sad, cause he truly is the best QB we've had by far.

Lmao this forum. Now even Jeremy Igo is drinking the kool aid. Very sad times. Very very sad times indeed. There is a reason I only come on here and post a couple times a year. It's like people don't/can't think with their brain. Andrew Luck took off an  entire offseason, an entire 16 game season, AND YET ANOTHER OFFSEASON TO REPAIR/REST HIS SHOULDER. CAM HAS NOT MISSED A SINGLE GAME DUE TO HIS SHOULDER. HAS. NOT. MISSED. A. SINGLE. GAME. I think you people need to pump the brakes on the "CAMS CAREERTZ IS OVER NAO WE NEEDZ A NEW QBZ!!111!!!!!!!11" talk it really does make this place seem full of fair weather fake ass fans.

Archived