• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sadly, the Cam era may be coming to an end.

Jeremy Igo

Cam has said he has no answers on his shoulder from the best doctors available. It doesn't get better, it doesn't get worse. What we are seeing now is what it will be, and that ain't great news. 

His shoulder seems to be ok up until the mid point of the NFL season before it takes a turn for the worse. It just does not appear to be able to take the stress of a full season. Cam looked like he was throwing a shot put at times yesterday. Heartbreaking to watch. Sure, another surgery could possibly improve it, but it is just as likely (if not more likely) it could make it worse. 

I feel like the Panthers had better draft a QB early this year. A team with this type of heads up that doesn't draft a contingency is doomed. I like Will Grier out of WVU. Scrappy local kid. 

Throwing on an injured shoulder screws with your mechanics, and with your head. Recovering from all the damage that's likely been done isn't gonna be easy.

I've said already my choice would be to try and give him time to recover, but also draft a backup plan. Grier would be my choice too.

He needs to just do everything he can to rest and recover this off-season. I would like to give him another year to see what he can do but also, like others have said, we need to start looking at future QBs for his replacement. Sucks that Cams time here very well may be at an end bc I love watching the dude play.

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Ron Rivera let Mike Shula coach Cam Newton in his prime. 

Fug me. 

It's also Cam's own fault. Remember he constantly states that wants to be a football player first. Lets keep running that read-option so that 100 million dollar QB is your battering ram.

I guess this is what happens to a cat trying to roar like a lion. 

Just now, Ace_Aladdin said:

It's also Cam's own fault. Remember he constantly states that wants to be a football player first. Lets keep running that read-option so that 100 million dollar QB is your battering ram.

I guess this is what happens to a cat trying to roar like a lion. 

shut up.

Archived