• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron just stated he will not sit Cam

WarPanthers89

15 minutes ago, raz said:

lol at your dumb ass.    guess you woulda played luck when they couldn't figure out what was wrong with his shoulder.  cam said the strength isn't there.  something is wrong.  and you don't know shite about what the dr's have said.   only that they don't think he can make it worse by playing.  this is exactly how athletes get injured in areas surrounding the initial problem by overcompensating.  happens all the time.  so fug off dumb ass.

When did the doctors say Cam can't make it any worse by playing?  

I know it's trendy to bash Rivera right now, but where did he say he will not sit Cam? 

I didn't see the whole press conference, but from what I heard, Ron was non-committal on what his plans are.  In fact, I'm sure he'll talk to the doctors, Marty, possibly Tepper, and most importantly Cam himself before making any official decision.  I'd be willing to bet, though, that we won't see Cam against the Falcons.  

17 minutes ago, raz said:

he wouldn't be let on the field if that wasn't their conviction.  they took an oath. 

So doctors take an oath to allow players to play injured, but only injured when they can't make it any worse?  And I'm the dumb azz...lol.  

Voth just came out with an article saying the right thing to do is sit Cam. Since he works for the Panthers I suspect this is a precursor to sitting him. Too little too late at this point. But I doubt playing him has been because  Rivera is coaching for his job so much as it is reluctance to sit him as long as the injury isn't getting worse and benching him could undercutting his leadership with the team. For whatever reason coaches are more reluctant to sit QBs who are struggling over virtually any other position on the field. I am not going to.pile on Cam but it is clear that he is getting worse and teams don't worry about the deep ball at all.

Archived