• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron just stated he will not sit Cam

WarPanthers89

... bottom line no one knows what is actually wrong with his shoulder or the severity...  im sure the doc's are providing the direction. Regardless, start the healing process now so no excuses next year. but the fact that he cant throw deep and doesnt throw during practice is a serious WTF concern.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/18/cam-newton-doesnt-know-whats-wrong-with-his-shoulder/

Translation: Doctors say Can’s arm is fine and Ron isn’t accepting this as an excuse for Cam’s poor play.

This comment is very very telling and don’t think Ron didn’t drop that “I’m listening to the doctors” by accident. 

Just now, jtm said:

Translation: Doctors say Can’s arm is fine and Ron isn’t accepting this as an excuse for Cam’s poor play.

This comment is very very telling and don’t think Ron didn’t drop that “I’m listening to the doctors” by accident. 

fug off asswipe.   he's hurt.  anyone can see that.

8 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

On his interview after the game Joe Peterson ask Ron if he would be sitting Cam now that we have almost been completly eleminated from playoff contention and he straight up said no, then went on to say he would be going with what the doctors said. Cams either not as hurt as he is making out to be or Ron just don’t give a fug anymore

C0B27B37-FC0E-4CDC-B007-A1929C267BE7.jpeg

As self-destructive as Ron Rivera has been, especially this season, this is par the course for him. When it comes to medical issues, he refuses to make any comments and refers explicitly to the doctors.

This could be for both legal, ethical, and strategic reasons.

fug him for what he has done to and what he hasn't done for Cam, but this isn't him committing to sacrificing Cam for the last two games. I fully expect, given Rivera's history, to see a lot of younger guys getting snaps in order to evaluate for the next season. This staff is going to operate like nothing is changing, whether or not that is in their best interest or not.

8 hours ago, OneBadCat said:

Probably a bad time to ask right after the game. I would imagine if he’s going to do it will be decided later this week. 

Cam needs to rest. Taylor could at least make some excitement for the fans and get some experience.

I think the only Panthers fans who would be "excited" to see Taylor Heinicke play probably have the last name Heinicke.

43 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

... bottom line no one knows what is actually wrong with his shoulder or the severity...  im sure the doc's are providing the direction. Regardless, start the healing process now so no excuses next year. but the fact that he cant throw deep and doesnt throw during practice is a serious WTF concern.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/18/cam-newton-doesnt-know-whats-wrong-with-his-shoulder/

FWIW, I had a buddy of mine go through something similar with his shoulder. He injured it in a motorcycle accident and had dealt with some debilitating pain and reduced motion for months and months afterwards. He was told by a parade of doctor after doctor that there was nothing wrong with his shoulder and he just needed to do some stretching exercises. Eventually he went to enough doctors that someone noticed some very minute structural damage that ALL the other doctors had missed or ignored. He ended up having surgery to repair it. 

I am not saying this is the case with Cam but that doctors can be just as shitty at their job as anyone else in most other professions.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

FWIW, I had a buddy of mine go through something similar with his shoulder. He injured it in a motorcycle accident and had dealt with some debilitating pain and reduced motion for months and months afterwards. He was told by a parade of doctor after doctor that there was nothing wrong with his shoulder and he just needed to do some stretching exercises. Eventually he went to enough doctors that someone noticed some very minute structural damage that ALL the other doctors had missed or ignored. He ended up having surgery to repair it. 

I am not saying this is the case with Cam but that doctors can be just as shitty at their job as anyone else in most other professions.

Yea...i get it. but you would think a multi billion dollar business would have some renowned doctors available.

1 hour ago, jtm said:

Doctors with PhDs apparently think he’s fine but Huddle thinks otherwise with all its medical knowledge...lol

lol at your dumb ass.    guess you woulda played luck when they couldn't figure out what was wrong with his shoulder.  cam said the strength isn't there.  something is wrong.  and you don't know shite about what the dr's have said.   only that they don't think he can make it worse by playing.  this is exactly how athletes get injured in areas surrounding the initial problem by overcompensating.  happens all the time.  so fug off dumb ass.

Archived