• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Couple more observations

Jeremy Igo

Again, the biggest issue is effort.  I can't count the number of times I've watched the interior DL and it looks like they're just standing their shuffling their feet, waiting for the offense to make a play so they can stop pretending.  The whole attitiude permeating our defense seems to be, "oh well, not my job."

9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Can we hire the Rams' DC then? Because he must be cooking up the greatest DL shemes in the history football with the way Aaron Donald is playing. I don't discount the importance of scheme, but I think you're discounting the inpact of good players playing with high effort level. Poe did okay on that play occupying blockers and holding his ground. Love just got straight worked. Shaq got pretty obviously held and that was key to springing that play. Adams did a great job of tackling air.

You want to emulate the Rams’ DL scheme when they have the league’s worst rush defense in terms of yards allowed per rush (5.1)? Which is especially terrible when you consider they have arguably the most talented D-Line?

Sounds a lot like what Mr. D1 is saying...high risk (getting gashed for big runs), high reward (sprinkling in some TFL). The ultimate product being pretty trash.

23 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

You want to emulate the Rams’ DL scheme when they have the league’s worst rush defense in terms of yards allowed per rush (5.1)? Which is especially terrible when you consider they have arguably the most talented D-Line?

Sounds a lot like what Mr. D1 is saying...high risk (getting gashed for big runs), high reward (sprinkling in some TFL). The ultimate product being pretty trash.

I think your sarcasm detector may need an adjustment.

Archived