• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Couple more observations

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

DTs get doubled on most running plays. You have to hold your ground. Poe is in fine position and occupying two blockers. It's Love who is getting ragdolled around.

The double team was half a second before the other lineman went to go block Luke. The RB cuts it back and would have run right into Poe if he had any awareness as to what was happening. Not sure if he thought it was a pass play or what, but it was clear as day it was a run play...

Love got pushed back, but he still forced the RB to cut the ball away from him. Assuming we were in nickel D on the play, as it looks like there are only 2 LBs on the field. Would have liked to have seen Luke fill the other gap before the lineman got to him, but with how awful the coverage was, I can understand why he hesitated.

jEjgpmo4_bigger.jpgJosh NorrisVerified account @JoshNorris
FollowFollow @JoshNorris
More

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but it's amazing that the only way Ian Thomas gets on the field is a Greg Olsen injury. Same with Taylor Moton and T injuries. Same with Curtis Samuel and WR injuries. etc, etc. A weakness of the Panthers staff.

9:40 AM - 11 Dec 2018

5 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
jEjgpmo4_bigger.jpgJosh NorrisVerified account @JoshNorris
FollowFollow @JoshNorris
More

Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but it's amazing that the only way Ian Thomas gets on the field is a Greg Olsen injury. Same with Taylor Moton and T injuries. Same with Curtis Samuel and WR injuries. etc, etc. A weakness of the Panthers staff.

9:40 AM - 11 Dec 2018

Glad the national media is finally picking up on this. It's been a chief criticism of Rivera on here for years.

18 minutes ago, leoslayer said:

It's not a simple double team. A double team both lineman remain engaged throughout the play.

In this concept you are typically as the outside blocker just trying to turn the guy a hair for your teammate so he can finish the block by himself as you get to a LB in the second level.

I played at a school here in the south. I'm just going to leave it there. I played with a lot of guys that did go pro. Including one with the Panthers.

I understand the difference vs. other block types, but have never seen anyone refer to this as a "wham" block, that term generally being reserved for a completely different type of block.

Anyone else seen that?

6 minutes ago, leoslayer said:

Anyone notice that Fox was like that too.

I got a mini ban from Panther Talk for calling him out on it.

Fox wasn't happy with me.

I really don't understand how you don't give guys with upside time.

I think it's just part of the conservative coaching mentality. The conservative coaching would rather stick with the player he knows rather than take a chance on the guy he doesn't. He's always been the same way with his coaching staff.

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think it's just part of the conservative coaching mentality. The conservative coaching would rather stick with the player he knows rather than take a chance on the guy he doesn't. He's always been the same way with his coaching staff.

God , I remember the days when Fox would NOT play DelHomme--it was just Rodney Peete.

2 minutes ago, ras977 said:

God , I remember the days when Fox would NOT play DelHomme--it was just Rodney Peete.

Yeah. Peete played something like three snaps the entire preseason and that was enough for Fox to declare that he was ready to start.

Saw how that went...

31 minutes ago, leoslayer said:

That's what I got in trouble for. I called Panther talk Monday after the Jags game.

I said why did it take you until we were down 17 pts to the Jags to not see Jake was the better player? It was obvious all preseason that he was.

Fox, "Well Michael fortunately I don't coach for you. I'm going to do it my way"

Michael. : you picked a bad day to ask a bad question ".

Archived