• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Couple more observations

Jeremy Igo

I'm still not convinced we have a personnel issue; I still think it's coaching. That includes game planning, play calling and adjustments. 

Let's get someone who is qualified and who the players respect. I don't want a love-in. I want a coach who will tell them when they screw up. Right now, I don't believe we have that on the defensive side of the ball.

But yes, we are going to need a couple of linebackers and a couple of good DEs. The first three picks in the draft need to address those positions. The other spots can be filled in via free agency.

2 minutes ago, Raleigh PF said:

I'm still not convinced we have a personnel issue; I still think it's coaching. That includes game planning, play calling and adjustments. 

Let's get someone who is qualified and who the players respect. I don't want a love-in. I want a coach who will tell them when they screw up. Right now, I don't believe we have that on the defensive side of the ball.

But yes, we are going to need a couple of linebackers and a couple of good DEs. The first three picks in the draft need to address those positions. The other spots can be filled in via free agency.

I think we have personnel issues as well, but coaching makes those worse because we can't count on our coaches to put the best people on the field.

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

He was about to go right into the hole. The OL grabbed and spun him out of the hole. That was blatant and it happened right where the RB was. The refs are so bad the more you look at stuff they miss and call. I know you can’t call everything but the OL reached behind to grab and spin him out of the hole. That’s about as blatant and impactful a hold as you get. 

I was getting ready to say the same thing. That was an absurd hold on a play that could have easily been a zero yard run. The only thing missing was throwing up one more arm and putting Shaq down for a million dollar dream. 

3 hours ago, ncfan said:

This defense needs a Complete Overhaul.

Only people that should be safe

Luke

KK

Jackson 

Reid

Im about begging Ryan Kalil to come back for 1 more year.  Because this whole draft needs to hammer down on defense.

If Kalil retires.  Thats another Huuuge hit a critical position at center.

Kalil is overpaid right now, but a friendly deal, yes.  RKalil does a lot of things for Cam.  He is very smart.

1 minute ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Not sure you can blame Cox on that one. He forced the RB to cut it back to the middle. You can blame Poe for pretty much taking himself out of the play by going nowhere near the RB...

Poe held his ground against the double team. That's basically his role. Kyle Love got dominated and pushed all over the place. That's where that play started to go south. Shaq still had a chance but he got held. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Poe held his ground against the double team. That's basically his role. Kyle Love got dominated and pushed all over the place. That's where that play started to go south. Shaq still had a chance but he got held. 

Love got doubled, so can't blame him. Poe literally runs to the left side of his blocker, nowhere near the RB. Luke was a bit late reading it and got blocked. Mike Adams just sucks...

2 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

Love got doubled, so can't blame him. Poe literally runs to the left side of his blocker, nowhere near the RB. Luke was a bit late reading it and got blocked. Mike Adams just sucks...

DTs get doubled on most running plays. You have to hold your ground. Poe is in fine position and occupying two blockers. It's Love who is getting ragdolled around.

Archived