• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Couple observations

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, ras977 said:

Scot,

You add so much to the board, lighten up --whether you realize it or not, you stifle meaningful discussion.

Quick Hint: Discussion with P55 isn't "meaningful".

His schtick is to pick whoever is least popular among fans (previously Shula, now Rivera), try to bait people into arguing over them and then throw out wall of text that don't really say much other than to tell you you're not really a fan if you don't blindly support whomever he happens to be championing at the time.

When nudged, he'll also call people stupid and other such things. He's basically a troll but he puts on an image like it's serious discussion.

More than a few folks have actually figured him out and just stopped responding to him at all. That's what I've done for a while, but it's amusing to tweak him on occasion.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Quick Hint: Discussion with P55 isn't "meaningful".

His schtick is to pick whoever is least popular among fans (previously Shula, now Rivera), try to bait people into arguing over them and then throw out wall of text that don't really say much other than to tell you you're not really a fan if you don't blindly support whomever he happens to be championing at the time.

When nudged, he'll also call people stupid and other such things. He's basically a troll but he puts on an image like it's serious discussion.

More than a few folks have actually figured him out and just stopped responding to him at all. That's what I've done for a while, but it's amusing to tweak him on occasion.

OK

32 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I rarely call people trolls and I differentiate between what a person says and who they are. Everyone may act stupid at times but it doesn't make them stupid.

intended or not, you've got a smugness in the way you post that gives you a "i'm better/smarter/more rational/mature than you" vibe. you don't have to tell people you think they're stupid. it's pretty much inferred in your part of every discussion you take part in.

you'd have a hard time finding very many people who have dealt with you for very long who would disagree with that.

Yeah, i never imagined Captain had regressed so much while in Minny.  He used to make plays, now he's either getting burned or getring a penalty called on him...  i am really, honestly surprised by how much he has fallen off.

And the biggest issues with that play, in summary?

1) effort

2) age

Adams was a cool story when he was picking off overthrown passes, but he just lacks so much range at this point that he is a net negative.  I appreciate his efforts, but that play should signal to him, this is the end of the road.

5 hours ago, rayzor said:

intended or not, you've got a smugness in the way you post that gives you a "i'm better/smarter/more rational/mature than you" vibe. you don't have to tell people you think they're stupid. it's pretty much inferred in your part of every discussion you take part in.

you'd have a hard time finding very many people who have dealt with you for very long who would disagree with that.

I could probably take a kinder gentler approach to posting. I was taking a youth protection course as part of BSA training and I realized why I react the way I do to all the criticism that abounds regarding the Panther players and staff. One of the sections was on bullying and I hate to see someone bullied unfairly without a response. Like a mob mentality where one negative comment follows the next, undeserved or not. So I jump to their defense just like I would if someone were being bullied unfairly. I seem to get irked and have a desire to put the bully in their place.

Sure I realize that this is a message board and most likely the folks being criticized won't even see it. And they don't need me to champion them, they are adults. And yeah others may laugh about equating bitching and whining to bullying, but I realized that is the emotional reaction it causes in me hence the perceived haughty attitude and supercilious  manner.

14 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I could probably take a kinder gentler approach to posting and try to parrot the popular views to fit in. Might make that a New Year's resolution.

This is exactly what everyone’s talking about. Smug.

Notice how a lot of people in this thread don’t agree with what you’ve been saying, and yet you persist in insinuating that we’re all wrong, or that we’re somehow flawed for having opinions that differ with yours?

Archived