• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Couple observations

Jeremy Igo

25 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not true. He did say maybe something might have been caused by coaching. You know...that one time.

There are lots of things impacted by coaching. I just don't criticize or act like I know what goes on around closed doors or assume any.mistakes on the field are always caused by poor coaching like many on here do.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sure.

In the same vein, naturally you'll agree to never mention Rivera's prior winning seasons. Right?

Who said I was forward thinking or always looking down the road like you said about yourself? I readily admit I have my biases and agendas. I think I am willing and able to change my mind based on new data like changing my mind about Hurney this time around, but hardly claim total objectivity. We are all colored by our opinions and eye witness testimony had clearly been proven to be highly unreliable. Trouble is most folks are rarely forthcoming about their shortcoming or agendas on here 

4 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

There are lots of things impacted by coaching. I just don't criticize or act like I know what goes on around closed doors or assume any.mistakes on the field are always caused by poor coaching like many on here do.

You don't know anything about the inner workings of the team either. You just like to tell everybody else they're wrong so you can look smart.

FYI: Not actually working

42 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, as coach you have to make the decision and stick to your guns on it. You don't ask an injured player's permission to rest him.

That applies when the injury is clear and playing on it will aggrevate it. But in Cam's case it is supposedly a pain issue. Shouldn't the player know best how much pain he is in. FTR, I think Can should sit as well. Didn't Ron rest Luke a few seasons ago after he was cleared with a concussion for the rest of the season to avoid further injury?

3 hours ago, Adb6368 said:

This play isn't nearly as bad as the touchdown pass on third and seventeen. Does no one know how to turn around and look for the ball? Also... pass rush

Pass rush...whats that?....I want one of those...do you go somewhere special to get one?

3 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Watch Munnerlyn on the bottom. Pretty much stops playing until he realizes oh snap I could have made a play there and starts sprinting. Too late. 

DE Cox Jr keeping up with TD and Panthers secondary in pursuit. That ain't great.  

Eric Reid slipped on the turf, Mike Adams with just terrible effort. 

giphy.gif

Bottom line: This defense needs to get younger and faster in a hurry. Starting this weekend. Give the youth some experience. Bench anyone over 30 and lets see what the younger guys have. 

I'm all for this! Mainly, we'll be down all game, and I have Cam and CMC...and this is championship week fory fantasy team

17 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

My shortcoming, of course, being that I want us to regularly succeed as opposed to wallowing in self-inflicted, sweet mediocrity. 

Your shortcoming is that you think you know what we should do to succeed and then post your ideas over and over as if they were gospel and apparent to everyone without consideration you could be and often are wrong.

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You don't know anything about the inner workings of the team either. You just like to tell everybody else they're wrong so you can look smart.

FYI: Not actually working

I agree I don't have insider info at all. That is why I don't make proclamations about what goes on behind doors or who should get fired or not unlike you who acts as if you know everything and everyone who disagrees with you is a troll or stupid.

4 hours ago, je1005 said:

To be fair, players shouldn’t have to rely on a damn coach to know how to hustle. They’re grown-ass men who do this for a living. 

Rivera and Hurney put these players on the field and rewarded kk with quite the contract 

They are hardly without blame as is the previous gm with munnerlyn and again Rivera approved it or it would not have happened 

tired of Rivera acting like things just, you know, happen

7 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I agree I don't have insider info at all. That is why I don't make proclamations about what goes on behind doors or who should get fired or not unlike you who acts as if you know everything and everyone who disagrees with you is a troll or stupid.

Aaahh, the irony :)

Archived