• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Couple observations

Jeremy Igo

Just now, KillaCamNewton said:

thats what blows my mind. yeah they got money but these are guys that mostly came from nothing, had to scratch and claw to get where theyre at and have these alpha dog personalities and are simply content with getting punked

Yeah like that fat slob Vernon Butler.

does he not realize or care that his career is fading right before his eyes lol. 

Just now, mjligon said:

Yeah like that fat slob Vernon Butler.

does he not realize or care that his career is fading right before his eyes lol. 

Said it before: I think that when Butler wasn't handed the starting job, he started pouting and half-assing.

The better option of course would have been to fight for the job, but he comes off as being kind of entitled.

So basically, Short getting a contract extension made Butler shut it down. Dumb, but nobody said all of these guys had the greatest judgment (see also: Hardy, Greg)

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Said it before: I think that when Butler wasn't handed the starting job, he started pouting and half-assing.

The better option of course would have been to fight for the job, but he comes off as being kind of entitled.

So basically, Short getting a contract extension made Butler shut it down. Dumb, but nobody said all of these guys had the greatest judgment (see also: Hardy, Greg)

Agree.

Pair that with the nightclub incident and most recently being baited into going back and forth on Instagram with our resident troll Chuck, the writing is on the wall for the type of dude he is.

1 minute ago, mjligon said:

Agree.

Pair that with the nightclub incident and most recently being baited into going back and forth on Instagram with our resident troll Chuck, the writing is on the wall for the type of dude he is.

College education doesn't make you bright... or wise.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Understood, but that's what Rivera wants too.

If you have too many of those guys, you're not gonna be all that good.

It's not what Rivera's getting. It looks like Luke is the only defender giving full effort on most plays. Thats on the players but ultimately it's on the coach too for not planting them on the bench for it. It seems like half assed effort has become acceptable.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well if that's how you define an agenda, then you're loaded with them.

You're also completely wrong.

If this team did everything completely the opposite of the way that I think it should be done, but won games that way, I'd be fine with it. Being right on the internet is not my top priority. It appears to be yours, but me, I'd rather watch my team win.

Unfortunately, what they're doing now isn't working. Now I could sit here and be a sycophant like you and declare that the people running the team are always good and right and true no matter what the result, but I'd rather be a little more independent in my thought processes than that.

Sometimes people just aren't very good at their jobs. Our current leaders are among that number. Hence, why I hope we get new ones.

Radical thinking I know, but hey...

So how about whenever mentioning Hurney instead of focusing on the present you go back to 2010 or earlier to find things to complain about. Is that your kind of forward thinking?

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It's not what Rivera's getting. It looks like Luke is the only defender giving full effort on most plays. Thats on the players but ultimately it's on the coach too for not planting them on the bench for it. It seems like half assed effort has become acceptable.

Remember we had a report in 16 that Rivera had told Cam he wanted to sit him down to rest him from his injury but Cam refused.

True? Unknown, but if it is, that's not exactly a feather in the coach's cap.

26 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

It I pretty clear to anyone reading your posts. You have said you want Rivera gone. That is an agenda. Especially when you said you haven't liked Rivera since 2016 and point out everything you can to criticize him. 

Well, your agenda is to attack everyone who wants Ron canned. I actually like Ron as a person, but his weekly “not my fault” post-game press conference leaves a lot to be desired and it also puts into question his character.

He hasn’t taken the fall for a damn thing this year. Everything is the players’ fault if you ask him, and that isn’t true. I don’t approve of that. A lot of players suck and most quit, but coaches are not motivating them and are most certainly not pushing the right buttons.

Additionally, his antiquated system no longer has a place in the modern NFL and his refusal to adjust is another reason I want him canned. He’s also shaved years off Cam’s career  

That’s not an agenda. That’s a fact. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Remember we had a report in 16 that Rivera had told Cam he wanted to sit him down to rest him from his injury but Cam refused.

True? Unknown, but if it is, that's not exactly a feather in the coach's cap.

Yeah, as coach you have to make the decision and stick to your guns on it. You don't ask an injured player's permission to rest him.

3 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

So how about whenever mentioning Hurney instead of focusing on the present you go back to 2010 or earlier to find things to complain about. Is that your kind of forward thinking?

Sure.

In the same vein, naturally you'll agree to never mention Rivera's prior winning seasons. Right?

4 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Well, your agenda is to attack everyone who wants Ron canned. I actually like Ron as a person, but his weekly “not my fault” post-game press conference leaves a lot to be desired and it also puts into question his character.

He hasn’t taken the fall for a damn thing this year. Everything is the players’ fault if you ask him, and that isn’t true. I don’t approve of that. A lot of players suck and most quit, but coaches are not motivating them and are most certainly not pushing the right buttons.

Additionally, his antiquated system no longer has a place in the modern NFL and his refusal to adjust is another reason I want him canned. He’s also shaved years off Cam’s career  

Not true. He did say maybe something might have been caused by coaching. You know...that one time.

11 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I am fine with folks saying what they want. I counter their argument if I disagree. But I don't attack anyone. This is a battle or video game simply a message board. Hardly life or death.

13 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I am fine with folks saying what they want. I counter their argument if I disagree. But I don't attack anyone. This is a battle or video game simply a message board. Hardly life or death.

Point well taken,

And it is a fact that posters here have agendas--besides winning.

Archived