• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Couple observations

Jeremy Igo

The notion that people want someone to be fired just because they have an agenda is absolute stupidity.

The reason people want to move on from Rivera and/or Hurney is because they want the team to win and they don't believe those guys are good enough to accomplish it.

And yes, that's a valid option to believe.

I’d rather take my lumps with inexperience than continue to watch Munnerlyn’s lazy effort and Time continue to show Mike Adams the door. 

Let the young guys play Ron. 

Whats the worst that could happen? We give up five plays for 250 yards instead of four plays for 200 yards. 

2 hours ago, je1005 said:

To be fair, players shouldn’t have to rely on a damn coach to know how to hustle. They’re grown-ass men who do this for a living. 

Maybe they’d learn a lesson if their coach, Ron “I love my washed-up, lazy vets” Rivera, held them responsible for their actions.

33 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

What’s my agenda? Pointing out obvious flaws and not accepting failure? Sorry that I actually want us to be a consistently successful franchise, I guess?

It I pretty clear to anyone reading your posts. You have said you want Rivera gone. That is an agenda. Especially when you said you haven't liked Rivera since 2016 and point out everything you can to criticize him. 

1 minute ago, je1005 said:

If it makes you feel better to blame one grown man for not motivating other grown men, then do it. I don’t blame you.

But the problems that plague this defense are in play-calling/schematics/talent deficit. 

It's a little of both.

Yes, players do have to be self-motivated, but if you've ever worked for a moron, you know it's not easy to stay engaged.

8 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Maybe they’d learn a lesson if their coach, Ron “I love my washed-up, lazy vets” Rivera, held them responsible for their actions.

I blame both. Players have to take pride and play with high effort and coaches have to plant their asses on the bench if they don't. I'd rather see a guy out there who lacks the talent but plays his ass off vs. a player who has the talent and half asses it.

31 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The notion that people want someone to be fired just because they have an agenda is absolute stupidity.

The reason people want to move on from Rivera and/or Hurney is because they want the team to win and they don't believe those guys are good enough to accomplish it.

And yes, that's a valid option to believe.

That is an agenda and you are right, folks have a right to believe what they want. But stop pretending that you are objective when you aren't. You see what you believe to be true and rarely ever change your mind. That is an agenda.

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd rather see a guy out there who lacks the talent but plays his ass off vs. a player who has the talent and half asses it.

Understood, but that's what Rivera wants too.

If you have too many of those guys, you're not gonna be all that good.

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I don’t understand how grown men just shrug off getting outclassed every game. Does it never just strike a damn nerve, knowing you just suck at your job and aren’t getting better?

thats what blows my mind. yeah they got money but these are guys that mostly came from nothing, had to scratch and claw to get where theyre at and have these alpha dog personalities and are simply content with getting punked

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

That is an agenda and you are right, folks have a right to believe what they want. But stop pretending that you are objective when you aren't. You see what you believe to be true and rarely ever change your mind. That is an agenda.

Well if that's how you define an agenda, then you're loaded with them.

You're also completely wrong.

If this team did everything completely the opposite of the way that I think it should be done, but won games that way, I'd be fine with it. Being right on the internet is not my top priority. It appears to be yours, but me, I'd rather watch my team win.

Unfortunately, what they're doing now isn't working. Now I could sit here and be a sycophant like you and declare that the people running the team are always good and right and true no matter what the result, but I'd rather be a little more independent in my thought processes than that.

Sometimes people just aren't very good at their jobs. Our current leaders are among that number. Hence, why I hope we get new ones.

Radical thinking I know, but hey...

Archived