• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it time to play the rookie linebackers?

Jeremy Igo

Rivera wants to ride until the wheels fall off. The problem is the car suffers a ton of issues prior to the actual wheels coming off. His mentality will always be an issue, especially on an aging team. Think of it this way: what player on our defense is young and making a tremendous impact on our team prior to maybe Jackson this year? I’ll wait. RR does not invest in youth, and the NFL is a young man’s game.

All of the guys making a real impact on our team are extremely young or named Luke/Cam. We need a coach who is going to coach up and motivate the young kids. They are your best deals on the field and let you know long-term what positions you have to invest in and which ones you don’t.

Rivera gotta go.

We won't do it until after Monday night.  Rivera isn't going to show we're packing it in until we lose that.  AFTER though, a smart team would for sure.  No telling what TD is going to do next year, and Shaq's 9 million 5th year option shouldn't make him safe.  If he wants big money in an extension, go ahead and cut him. 

Yes - as long as Smith isn't nicked up I'd play him and Carter. I'd also make sure Haynes, Obada, and Cox are active. We need to see what we have to work with next season.

Would also consider benching Munnerlyn and making one of the young corners active. I think Cole Luke is on the active roster and would prefer to see him get a jersey over Corn.

Yes. The D is already perfectly terrible, so let's get those two young LBs as well as Gaulden some run to see what we may or may not have there going forward. But, it's not gonna happen. We have a lame duck coach who is insanely loyal to vets when it comes to PT. He's not concerned with evaluating for the future, he's still desperately trying to figure out if he can somehow save his job.

Archived