• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it time to play the rookie linebackers?

Jeremy Igo

The Carolina Panthers have two rookie linebackers that made the final roster. Andre Smith and Jermaine Carter. 

Should the Panthers now play these guys in the game and give them some much needed experience going into next season? Carter in particular has shown great aptitude. 

It won’t happen. Again Ron is doing everything he can to win as to try to preserve either a winning record/somehow squeak into playoffs, or finish 8-8.

If he loses out or goes 1-3, he’s 100% fired. 

If he were to win 2 out of the last 3, or win out (el. ohh. el.), it could be debatable that he is not fired. So he plays all of his guys because he is still in the “win at all costs” mode. 

This all sucks because imagine what getting young player evaluation could mean for next year. 

There's some expensive contracts there that might need to come off the books.  In a lost season you might as well figure out if you have players that could replace them or at the very least have something to stay around into the future.  Gaulden and Elder come to mind of players that need to go in right now too.

I've supported Ron from the beginning and still believe he's a good coach.  What has happened?  I use to think it was what he was given to work with but now I have to lean towards what some of you are saying about him saving his job.  Cam is hurt.  That we all agree on.  It's time for Cam to get better and just an off season is not going to do it.  If Heinke(sp) can come in and be accurate with his throws we stand a better chance of winning against the saints.  He would get much needed experience.  I'm not opposed of bringing in others from your backup line as someone suggested.  I'm okay ending the season without winning out if we grow for the future.  I hate to say this but I, too, believe Ron is out after this year no matter what our ranking is.

Archived