• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera's Biggest Failure - Too Little, Too Late

Jeremy Igo

6 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Everyone remember just after the Pittsburgh game when the entire Huddle was calling for Eric Washington's firing and for Ron Rivera to take over play calling? The worst defensive performance in nearly two decades and zero action was taken afterwards. 

Fast forward a month, and the moves the fans called for was exactly what was needed to improve the defense as evidenced in Tampa Bay. A month, and entire month. The Panthers lost 3 more games in that span while the defense continued to look like a shell of its former self. 

If the fans recognized this all season long, why on earth did it take Ron Rivera until December? 

He either could not recognize what every casual fan could see, or he was not capable of making the tough decisions that head coaches must make. Either way, it ain't great news. Neither a great look for a head coach. 

In my opinion, this will go down as the biggest failure of the 2018 season and likely will cost Ron his job. 

Said after the Lions game that it’s why RR should be canned. Have to make tough decisions.

9 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Everyone remember just after the Pittsburgh game when the entire Huddle was calling for Eric Washington's firing and for Ron Rivera to take over play calling? The worst defensive performance in nearly two decades and zero action was taken afterwards. 

Fast forward a month, and the moves the fans called for was exactly what was needed to improve the defense as evidenced in Tampa Bay. A month, and entire month. The Panthers lost 3 more games in that span while the defense continued to look like a shell of its former self. 

If the fans recognized this all season long, why on earth did it take Ron Rivera until December? 

He either could not recognize what every casual fan could see, or he was not capable of making the tough decisions that head coaches must make. Either way, it ain't great news. Neither a great look for a head coach. 

In my opinion, this will go down as the biggest failure of the 2018 season and likely will cost Ron his job. 

To his credit and every professional, you can't just leap off every bridge just b/c it seems right. You had lesser opponents ahead to correct your poo. It didn't happen. It's also the personnel. The nightmare scenario would have been what has happened, but if the team was actually good it would have bounced back. Too bad we fuging suck.

To me his biggest failure is how he responded to the drubbing that Pittsburgh laid on him.  That was a must win game for him and he failed miserably.

His response was to blow it off as shyte happens. On top of that he has followed that up with 3 staight losses which virtually eliminated his team from the playoffs.

All this while auditioning for his new boss for further employment.

He has too much red in his ledger.

9 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

no.

Honestly I don't want this team to win out. As much as I hate to say it, I don't. Why? Because we know what happens next. We've seen this movie several times and it's enough. It's time to move on. 

The level of incompetence, and blind loyalty that has been with Rivera since he's been hired. It stemmed down from JR and he's not here anymore. I've said it several times before that Rivera's lights only come on when his job is on the line and the team Rally's behind him to save him. It's done. I hope Tepper sees this trend and doesn't fall for it like JR. 

1 minute ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Honestly I don't want this team to win out. As much as I hate to say it, I don't. Why? Because we know what happens next. We've seen this movie several times and it's enough. It's time to move on. 

The level of incompetence, and blind loyalty that has been with Rivera since he's been hired. It stemmed down from JR and he's not here anymore. I've said it several times before that Rivera's lights only come on when his job is on the line and the team Rally's behind him to save him. It's done. I hope Tepper sees this trend and doesn't fall for it like JR. 

Just stop, you know you wish they'd win out. Get stupid like me. Love company my bro.

4 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Seriously I am sick of death of this same movie playing.. we really need a brand new coaching staff and a brand new culture that has nothing to do with JR..

Archived