• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let us talk Carolina Panthers at Cleveland Browns

Jeremy Igo

Here is a statistical snapshot of these two teams. 

cle-car.jpg

Interesting that Chubb and CMC are averaging the same rushing yards per attempt. 

It seems like the Cleveland rankings should be trending upward as they have been playing better since they fired their head coach. 

I won't lie. I am not sure if the Carolina Panthers can win in Cleveland. They are 1-5 on the road. I am not sure they can beat anyone away at all anymore. 

On Paper the Panthers look like the better team. But watching the games, we find ways to shoot ourselves in the foot each week. If we can survive the first quarter without giving up a TD, we win. On the road we keep falling behind quickly and having to play catch up. 

1 minute ago, gmonjimbo said:

On Paper the Panthers look like the better team. But watching the games, we find ways to shoot ourselves in the foot each week. If we can survive the first quarter without giving up a TD, we win. On the road we keep falling behind quickly and having to play catch up. 

I am really curious to see what the defense looks like with good play calling. It will tell us in which way Ron Rivera has failed us. 

Either he has been the problem all along or Washington has been the problem and Rivera failed to act in a timely manner, costing us the season. 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I am really curious to see what the defense looks like with good play calling. It will tell us in which way Ron Rivera has failed us. 

Either he has been the problem all along or Washington has been the problem and Rivera failed to act in a timely manner, costing us the season. 

I believe it will be the latter. Rivera is always late to react. Washington should have been demoted after the Steelers game. They would have had 10 days to adjust for the Lions game. I think Mushin Muhammad mentioned that in the Bucs game we had Mike Adams blitz from his safety spot 15 yards away from the line of scrimmage. Washington right now is just button smashing to see what works. 

39 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Exactly. Perhaps he should have been calling the defense his whole career as HC. Some coaches are more involved maybe he should have been.

I think we can beat the Browns. Of course, I thought we could beat the Lions, Seahawks and Bucs.

I honestly have to admit that even if we do beat Cleveland, it won't really inspire me that much. Even with their resurgence, they're still not a very good team.

Beating the Saints would be much more encouraging, but the thought of that game makes me cringe right now.

Archived