• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL's top run defenses on first downs... guess who is on the list?

Jeremy Igo

11 hours ago, hepcat said:

Not even third and long, just 3rd down. The Panthers defense has absolutely sucked sh!t out of a dick the last two weeks on 3rd down. I added one 4th down for how critical a failure it was. How Eric Washington didn't get fired, we'll never know.

Seattle Game:

5th Seattle possession: 3rd and 4 from their own 31. Gave up a 27 yard pass to Tyler Lockett. Drive ended in a TD to tie the score 10-10

6th Seattle possession: 3rd and 12 from their own 33. Gave up a 54 yard pass to David Moore. Drive ended in a TD to take the lead 17-13.

8th Seattle possession: 4th and 3 from the Carolina 35. Gave up a 35 yard TD pass to David Moore to tie the game 27-27.

Tampa Game:

1st Tampa possession: 3rd and 2 from their own 44. Gave up a 10 yard completion to Chris Godwin. Drive ended in a TD for a 7-0 lead.

4th Tampa possession: 3rd and 4 from the Carolina 19. Gave up a 13 yard pass to Adam Humphries. Drive ended with a fumble through the end zone (luckiest moment of the game for the Panthers). Game should have been 17-7, remained 10-7 Bucs.

6th Tampa possession: 3rd and 11 from the Carolina 13. 13 yard TD pass to Chris Godwin made the score 17-7.

7th Tampa possession: 3rd and 11 from their own 39. Gave up an 18 yard pass to Chris Godwin. Drive ended in a TD for a 24-10 Tampa lead that they would never relinquish.

8th Tampa possession: 3rd and 17 from their own 18. Give up an 18 yard pass to Cameron Brate. Drive ended in a punt, but gave up valuable field position by giving up a huge third and long.

And then when we gave up the long pass at the end of the game to set up the winning field goal. I believe that was a 3rd down as well in which we couldn’t get pressure and somehow the secondary lost track of their best receiver. 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

4.0 is the league average and we have been giving up 7.7 ypa in passing. So we hold a team to .04 less than average but give up almost 8 yards a pass play. So teams pass on us more on first down so it lowers their rush gains. I swear some of you people are ignorant, dumb, or hard headed. 

How tf do teams passing on first down lower their rush avg on first down? You don't make any sense.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Mildly amused, actually.

Here's the thing, dude. You flipped out over a throwaway post in a thread that didn't interest me that much. I probably wouldn't even have clicked back into this thread again but the fact that you got upset (and continue to act upset) over something so ridiculous was something I actually found kinda funny. 

You've basically gone and made a fool of yourself...over nothing.

Do yourself a favor. Go back and read the original post you responded to and ask yourself if that was really worth getting hyped up over. If you see that it wasn't, maybe you can learn a lesson.

But if you still actually think that was worth all the emotion you spent on it, I can't help you.

Lol is someone projecting just a little bit...?

I’m not sure how I got under your skin so much to where you felt the need to lie about being disinterested in engaging with me (actions speak louder than words, buddy) and then lie about only reading the first few words of my post which no one bought for a second, to try and give off a “too cool for school” vibe...which is pretty weird at your age. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone so insecure (internet or otherwise). Anytime someone refutes or questions you, you get incredibly defensive. I’m not sure how you’ve lasted this long on this site with those insecurities. If someone attacks your argument, just defend it...don’t lose your mind and curl up into a ball and repeat the same nonsense over and over.

2 hours ago, Snake said:

4.0 is the league average and we have been giving up 7.7 ypa in passing. So we hold a team to .04 less than average but give up almost 8 yards a pass play. So teams pass on us more on first down so it lowers their rush gains. I swear some of you people are ignorant, dumb, or hard headed. 

I don’t think you understand how averages work...

6 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

Lol is someone projecting just a little bit...?

I’m not sure how I got under your skin so much to where you felt the need to lie about being disinterested in engaging with me (actions speak louder than words, buddy) and then lie about only reading the first few words of my post which no one bought for a second, to try and give off a “too cool for school” vibe...which is pretty weird at your age. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone so insecure (internet or otherwise). Anytime someone refutes or questions you, you get incredibly defensive. I’m not sure how you’ve lasted this long on this site with those insecurities. If someone attacks your argument, just defend it...don’t lose your mind and curl up into a ball and repeat the same nonsense over and over.

Keep trying, dude :)

16 minutes ago, Montsta said:

Do they have a stat for most given up 1st downs on 3rd and 10+ yards? I’d wager we are first in the league for that. Every time we are in great 3rd down position we immediately give up the booty. 

Yeah. Those plays are heartbreaking. 

5 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

FTFY :)

I don't care about having the last word. You're welcome to it.

As with your prior posts, you've made a big deal over something that wasn't. You've got quite the fictional scenario built up in your mind there...

...but I'm afraid none of it's true. I'm basically just trolling you. And you've fallen for it, hook line & sinker.

Like I said, the post you went off on wasn't a big thing to me.

I've gotten a few chuckles out of watching you play Don Quixote with it though. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't care about having the last word. You're welcome to it.

As with your prior posts, you've made a big deal over something that wasn't. You've got quite the fictional scenario built up in your mind there...

...but I'm afraid none of it's true. I'm basically just trolling you. And you've fallen for it, hook line & sinker.

Like I said, the post you went off on wasn't a big thing to me.

I've gotten a few chuckles out of watching you play Don Quixote with it though. 

https://media.giphy.com/media/Fml0fgAxVx1eM/giphy.gif

Archived