• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL's top run defenses on first downs... guess who is on the list?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

Think before you type.  The list is rush yds per attempt on 1st down. Not rush vs pass on 1st down.

If you can pass why run that much? Thus the better numbers. Now did I explain it in a way you can understand. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

More than your whining about it does.

Oh gosh you’re one of those...ok so then you proceed to whine about my whining, and now I whine about you whining about my whining, and then we continue into an endless perpetual whine-a-palooza. Another solid contribution. Now what? Do you want to try defending and validating your analogy, as any intellectual would do if someone attacks their stance? No? Ok, good.

11 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Oh gosh you’re one of those...ok so then you proceed to whine about my whining, and now I whine about you whining about my whining, and then we continue into an endless perpetual whine-a-palooza. Another solid contribution. Now what? Do you want to try defending and validating your analogy, as any intellectual would do if someone attacks their stance? No? Ok, good.

I'm honestly not that interested in talking to you.

I pointed something out and used humor to illustrate the point. You got your panties in a bunch over it. Now you wanna continue discussing it as if it were some valid intellectual criticism. It wasn't.

While I confess to finding that mildly amusing, it doesn't exactly say "compelling conversation" to me, so...no.

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm honestly not that interested in talking to you.

I pointed something out and used humor to illustrate the point. You got your panties in a bunch over it. Now you wanna continue discussing it as if it were some valid intellectual criticism. It wasn't.

While I confess to finding that mildly amusing, it doesn't exactly say "compelling conversation" to me, so...no.

So no then...I was right. You could’ve either answered my post with one word or ignored it, since you’re “not interested in talking to me”. Instead, you proceed to go on a mini rant to tell me how I’m not worth your time, somehow missing the irony in that. You’re like my needy ex-girlfriend who would get mad at me but still constantly wanted attention. Oh hey, there’s an actually good analogy for you to chew on..since you struggle with those.

Now please go on and show me how little interest you have in talking to me. I’ll be here, babe.

Just now, MasterAwesome said:

So no then...I was right. You could’ve either answered my post with one word or ignored it, since you’re “not interested in talking to me”. Instead, you proceed to go on a mini rant to tell me how I’m not worth your time, somehow missing the irony in that. You’re like my needy ex-girlfriend who would get mad at me but still constantly wanted attention. Oh hey, there’s an actually good analogy for you to chew on..since you struggle with those.

Now please go on and show me how little interest you have in talking to me. I’ll be here, babe.

Nah.

4 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

What do you think your hyperbolic analogy contributes to this thread? Did you get your degree in False Equivalencies from Trump University?

Rush defense on 1st down has exactly one  qualifier (hint: I put it in bold for you). The point of looking at this specific stat is to look at what teams are potentially putting their defenses in good position on 2nd/3rd down, as explicitly stated in the tweet.

nice

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Did she find conversation with you boring as well?

If so, I understand.

Fun fact: you know what conversation requires, by definition?? Two willing participants...I’m having a lot of fun here, but you *supposedly* are so bored and have no interest in talking to me and yet here you are predictably so quick to engage me every time. But it’s okay, another thing that you and her have in common is your need to get the last word in. The only thing distinguishing you two at this point is that she actually knows quite a bit about football. Otherwise, I’d be convinced you’re the same person.

3 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Fun fact: you know what conversation requires, by definition?? Two willing participants...I’m having a lot of fun here, but you *supposedly* are so bored and have no interest in talking to me and yet here you are predictably so quick to engage me every time. But it’s okay, another thing that you and her have in common is your need to get the last word in. The only thing distinguishing you two at this point is that she actually knows quite a bit about football. Otherwise, I’d be convinced you’re the same person.

Even more fun fact: I'm not reading your posts beyond the first few words.

I'm just enjoying watching you flip out over something silly.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Even more fun fact: I'm not reading your posts beyond the first few words.

I'm just enjoying watching you flip out over something silly.

Is that your same approach to reading football articles too? Cause that would explain a lot.

So let me get this straight...Mr. Bored and Disinterested not only replies to everything I post within seconds, but actually cares enough to consecutively go back and edit his replies after posting. As if you are sitting at your computer reading over your posts like “No no, this won’t work...ah ha! Now I got him”. If these are your edited posts, then I cringe a little thinking about what came originally:

8 hours ago, Car123 said:

Look at the average yards gained.

4.0 is the league average and we have been giving up 7.7 ypa in passing. So we hold a team to .04 less than average but give up almost 8 yards a pass play. So teams pass on us more on first down so it lowers their rush gains. I swear some of you people are ignorant, dumb, or hard headed. 

10 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Is that your same approach to reading football articles too? Cause that would explain a lot.

So let me get this straight...Mr. Bored and Disinterested not only replies to everything I post within seconds, but actually cares enough to consecutively go back and edit his replies after posting. As if you are sitting at your computer reading over your posts like “No no, this won’t work...ah ha! Now I got him”. If these are your edited posts, then I cringe a little thinking about what came originally:

Mildly amused, actually.

Here's the thing, dude. You flipped out over a throwaway post in a thread that didn't interest me that much. I probably wouldn't even have clicked back into this thread again but the fact that you got upset (and continue to act upset) over something so ridiculous was something I actually found kinda funny. 

You've basically gone and made a fool of yourself...over nothing.

Do yourself a favor. Go back and read the original post you responded to and ask yourself if that was really worth getting hyped up over. If you see that it wasn't, maybe you can learn a lesson.

But if you still actually think that was worth all the emotion you spent on it, I can't help you.

Archived