• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Solid Carolina Panthers players that are 26 or younger

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I really dont think Ron values defenders that can cover at all. Just drop back in zone and make sure the ball doesn't go flying over your head. 

They still getting burned deep Regularly  so might need to look into someone that can actually cover   A ball hawking FS would cure a lot of bradberrys inadequacies and turn donte into a beast 

2 minutes ago, bull123 said:

He is too slow and has no ball skills...gets faked out a lot and is not good in run support

Yet the top WRs usually don’t destroy him like they do other teams? Maybe our nickel is just so bad they don’t bother testing him... He isn’t flashy, but will be our number 2 CB next year.

50 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. Gettleman tried to restock the DL, he just failed. Knocked it out of the park with the Star/KK double dip right out of the gate then fell flat on his face. Ealy, 2nd round pick... bust. But I ALMOST give him a pass on that one. His SB50 performance alone was worth a 2nd rounder if we'd had a real NFL OC. Hall, 3rd round pick... bust. Butler, 1st round pick... bust.

Despite spending five picks in the first three rounds (two 1st rounders, two 2nd rounders, and a 3rd rounder) in relatively recent years, we are still absolutely devoid of young DL talent.

It doesn't help that Hurney let Star walk and his Poe signing has looked like a bust.

To me, Ealy and Butler are two sides of the same coin. Good talent, lousy attitude.

I think Butler came in believing he'd be an immediate starter, and he might have been if Kawann Short hadn't decided to sign back up. When Short unexpectedly returned, Butler was forced into a backup role, and it doesn't look like he handled it well.

The proper response would have been to work his butt off and become the best player he could. But between some of his comments and his general dealings with the coaching staff, what I think actually happened  was that Butler took an entitled attitude and basically pouted his way through the next few years.

Ealy's a tougher read.

Have said it before: the story with him and his little sister made me believe he'd play his ass off. But he didn't, and for the life of me, I can't fathom why.

We saw what he was capable of in the Super Bowl. Heck, Mario Addison basically said he'd be unstoppable if he just got his head out of his ass. So the talent was there, but the want, not so much.

It's frustrating seeing two guys who could be so much better waste their talents. 

17 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Why do people hate on Bradberry? He is solid. The true shutdown CB is a dying breed with the rules geared towards helping WRs. He holds some of the best players in check most of the time, which is not an easy task...

He’s basically a free 1st down on 3rd and whatever they need. U can throw it in front of him all day on 3rd and 12. He’ll be 2 yards behind the receiver every time. He didn’t shut Evans down yesterday that 15 yard slant coulda been run 20 times they woulda completed it to Evans 20 times   

Bradberry has No ball skills and if anything has regressed. Like Ron said after the Seattle game if u a Db and you’re in the endzone u should have your head around. So why isn’t Ron coaching this technique or why isn’t Rodgers coaching this. Cause we only have one that does it and he’s a rookie 

42 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I like this and I think fans naturally want this but I remember Voth saying that the team does not view Moton as a longterm LT and wants to keep him at RT

Shocking given that our leadership is normally so good at personnel evaluation :thinking:

7 minutes ago, Cuttinedge said:

He’s basically a free 1st down on 3rd and whatever they need. U can throw it in front of him all day on 3rd and 12. He’ll be 2 yards behind the receiver every time. He didn’t shut Evans down yesterday that 15 yard slant coulda been run run 20 times they woulda completed it to Evans 20 times   

Bradberry has No ball skills and if anything has regressed. Like Ron said after the Seattle game if u a Db and you’re in the endzone u should have your head around. So why isn’t Ron coaching this technique or why isn’t Rodgers coaching this. Cause we only have one that does it and he’s a rookie 

The only knock I have on Bradberry is his lack of ball skills. That's not going to change. But he's a very solid cover corner and has pretty much shutdown some very good receivers this year. The main issue with Bradberry is scheme fit with our hard headed coaching staff. He's best as a press man corner but our staff wants to play read and react off coverage more often than not. Thats where Bradberry is weakest. Square peg, round hole.

Archived