• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is crazy

Jeremy Igo

Just now, joemac said:

They have absolutely zero sense of urgency on offense.  It seems like Cam doesnt care at all about getting to he line and analyzing the defense.  We routinely get to the line to snap the ball with around 8 seconds on the play clock.  Cam barely has time to slide protections or anything before the clock hits :00. I dont get it.  Is Cam even allowed to audible this year?

It's plainly obvious to me that the coaches are incompetent and the players have quit. That's how you lose your last eight games in a season. This team reminds me so much of the 2011 Tampa Bay Bucs. Ron will meet the same fate as Rah in the next four weeks, and a lot of our starters will be on the street next year because they aren't good enough to play.

2 minutes ago, joemac said:

They have absolutely zero sense of urgency on offense.  It seems like Cam doesnt care at all about getting to he line and analyzing the defense.  We routinely get to the line to snap the ball with around 8 seconds on the play clock.  Cam barely has time to slide protections or anything before the clock hits :00. I dont get it.  Is Cam even allowed to audible this year?

This comment is all I need to know that Ron has lost the team.  I wonder if Cam is confused by the play call and needs the time to process what the offense is doing.  Norv seems to have taken a lot of the reading away from Cam--based on the effort of WRs away from the intended targets.  Before Sunday, Cam's INTs were down; maybe there is something to it if I am correct.  But NFL teams adjust, and the S can tell where you are going with the ball if one side of the field jogs.

8 minutes ago, RealBitsOfPanther said:

He got that jump because the playclock was expiring. Diddn't need to guess. Now if we got the playcall in to where the offense has more than 5 seconds to line up and snap the ball, he wouldn't of gotten as big of a jump. 

Thank you!  The play clock was down to zero when the ball was snapped.  Cam was probably screaming, the LB behind JPP probably shouted something like "fire!" etc. We have the rep of snapping at :01; if I was a DE, I would know this and look to exploit it.  That is how I get paid (sacks).

8 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

He's looking at the ball. 

Question: If he went on the clock and the Panthers never snapped it would there be offsetting penalties?

No he is not.  He leaves before the ball moves. His head does not turn from the inside to the QB--I do not see the evidence that supports your supposition.

As for the question, I am guessing they would call the delay but I have no idea.  The white hat usually calls the delay--fwiw

15 minutes ago, joemac said:

I wondered this...I see QB on other teams step up and shout out changes or adjustments after getting a good look at the D lineup....So I dunno if he is allowed or what? 

1 hour ago, The_Light_Brigade said:

Now that I look closer. He's reacting to Kalil's head movement.  That's all him, he knew that ball was moving as soon as Ryan's head when straight ahead.  

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The late game sack of Cam Newton by JPP. 

giphy.gif

JPP gets off a fraction of a second before the ball moves. Any longer and it would have been encroachment. 

That’s because we’ve had the same damn signal to hike the ball as a visiting team since 2010. Hell I know when the ball is going to be snapped. It’s when the guard turns around and does the arm motion to the center that Cam is ready.

Archived