• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Have the firings given you new hope for playoffs?

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

I'm on the "whatever is going to happen is going to happen" train. I don't know what to expect, but I'm very got very little confidence in this team under Ron.

While the changes were the right call, they should have happened weeks ago and at this point you know those changes came about not because Rivera thought it was the right thing to do, but because his hand was forced and that cements my belief that the window has closed for the Rivera era Panthers.

They might win, they might make it to the playoffs, but they won't go far and any success they might have won't be sustained. 

I think Rivera's goal was back to back winning seasons and I'm sorry but that isn't enough.

It's time to move on.

in before you see my comment in another thread and give me a vacation.

the good news is we can't go 9-7, get into the playoffs, and lose to the saints 3 times this year.  that's really what i thought was going to happen when 10-6 looked possible without having to beat the saints.

Why would firing two assistants change the direction of this team? Ron covered for his friends by letting two nobodies go.

The only thing that might change now is that our defense could look better... Ron don’t know jack about offense but he’s pretty good at calling defense

I want Ron gone, but I’m still hoping for a winning season. 9-7, with Ron and Hurney being let go would be perfect.

I know it won’t happen, though. The chances of us beating the saints once this year is slim to none, and we’ll lose to either Cle or ATL. 

7-9 or 8-8 is the record we’ll most likely finish at

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Imagine you ran a company and that company had about 55 employees making $160m.  Your CEO allowed them to under perform all season, but did not do anything about it because the stock price stayed above the red line.  But the Price to Earnings ratio was problematic and competition was improving--catching you.  Your CEO waits for  the competition to pass you and the stock to drop for 30 consecutive days and then starts firing department managers just a month before the annual stockholders' meeting. 

You are a stockholder on the board.  What do you do?

I would have sold my stock a month earlier at its peak because I could see the writing on the wall, wait until the company gets close to hitting rock bottom and buy back in just before they hire a new CEO, and spend all my profits on hookers and blow. 

9 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Did Monday's firings give you new hope? 

Or are we still on a sinking ship?

I swear to god if I was Tapper I would fire him.   Basically tepper  told him to cut off fingers and he’s cutting finger nails. We aren’t going anywhere, To even mention the playoffs... lolz We really want not 100% Cameron Newton doing anything in the playoffs.

Archived