• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Have the firings given you new hope for playoffs?

Jeremy Igo

I’m still cheering for us to win out. Will we? Not sure but I don’t believe in cheering for my team to lose. We don’t make the playoffs, we have to wait until August to see our team play again. I’m tired hearing I can’t wait to next year like that automatically makes things different . I don’t believe in wishing time away. That’s one thing that you can’t get back or extend. Just want us to come out and finish the year strong. If the chips fall to let us in the post season then so be it. Anything can happen.

23 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Did Monday's firings give you new hope? 

Or are we still on a sinking ship?

Had he made the move two weeks ago while we still had a good shot at the playoffs, yes. No that  we need help from other teams to get in, not so much. 

Imagine you ran a company and that company had about 55 employees making $160m.  Your CEO allowed them to under perform all season, but did not do anything about it because the stock price stayed above the red line.  But the Price to Earnings ratio was problematic and competition was improving--catching you.  Your CEO waits for  the competition to pass you and the stock to drop for 30 consecutive days and then starts firing department managers just a month before the annual stockholders' meeting. 

You are a stockholder on the board.  What do you do?

Archived