• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera officially taking over the defense.

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Ace_Aladdin said:

Rivera should have done it long time ago. Let’s see if the team can get back on track. I doubt Tepper get rids of Rivera until 1 more full season of evaluation.

There's two possible outcomes of Rivera taking over the defense and I don't see how either bodes well for Ron. 

Door #1: Defense stays the same. We continue to get beat over the top, lose games. Tepper sees Rivera is unable to fix the issue.

Door#2: Defense improves. Opponent's scoring goes down, we win games. Tepper wonders why Ron wasn't more proactive to make the necessary changes. 

Rivera doesn’t have the guts to fire his friends who he has hired to work jobs they’re not qualified for. He barley had the balls to can Shula.

All Ron did was fire the two guys he has no relationship with / the most recent hires.

Too little, too late. Something should have been done after the Steelers game, but here we are. The signs were there even before that.

It's the same thing every time. So now Ronny gets to have even more on his table to go along with his stellar game management skills. Lovely.

It's all gonna come crashing down on Rivera anyway because of his inability to make changes. I doubt Tepper would have been mad about Washington being demoted midseason when we were 6-2 before the 4 game losing streak. Anybody on the Huddle who watches the games could tell Washington was unsuitable for the job by week 4. He makes those changes and we win against the hawks, we beat the Bucs yesterday and we sure as HELL beat the Lions. We're sitting at 9-3 and we're hot. I can't say we would have beaten the Steelers but I think it would have been a much better contest.  Still not enough now to save Rivera imho.

Yeah this is actually really good news.  Either A. Rivera somehow makes a huge difference proving Washington is a bum and we win 3 or 4 games and make the playoffs.  or B. Rivera is just part of the defensive problem and we lose 2 or more and miss the playoffs.  If scenario B happens... see you later Rivera.

Basically, this is just a job interview, and Rivera must make the playoffs or he is toast

Archived