• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera officially taking over the defense.

Jeremy Igo

Look I have wanted Rivera fired for years now and I don't think he should have made it out of the "Riverboat" season alive. 

But the dude is a hell of a DC. Defense will almost certainly improve now. 

The problem is it fuging four game losing streak against some terrible teams for us to make changes which is EXACTLY why I want Rivera canned. He is stubborn to a fault. 

1 hour ago, carpanfan96 said:

oh I hope he's fired and I wouldn't mind going 0-4 the rest of the season. That's just not how Rivera works though. He's always more aware and a much better coach when his job is on the line and right now after today, we can all agree his job is on the line. 

How about if we win out and end up with the #2 seed?

Ron is a DC.  It's okay to be damn good at something and not automatically aspire to be something you're not good at.  NFL jobs are extremely coveted, but being a great coordinator does not a great head coach make.  Something I hope our leadership considers on the next hire. 

5 minutes ago, cookinbrak said:

How about if we win out and end up with the #2 seed?

I dont think theres any chance that 10-6 gets the 2nd in the NFC. Only way that happens is the Saints loose 5 in a row counting that Cowboys loss. Chicago would also have to loose 2 out its 4 remaining as well. 

1 hour ago, philit99 said:

Tampa was also ahead. I would not put too much stock into the D changing that much. Teams are still going to pick on Captain and Jackson. Teams will keep forcing us into Nickle packages (thought that is our Base really), which removes Shaq or Davis and puts Captain in. Until Captain or Jackson play better  or the DLine gets pressure not a lot will change. It would be nice to see those f*%king 15 yards off the line reduced to 5! That could make a difference.

That’s really it, isn’t it? Captain and Jackson just getting abused all day long, and a completely piss poor pass rush. Those 2 combined make for a very bad defense. I don’t know what you do to fix it right now. We have to replace Captain next season obviously. I think Jackson should be a much better player in year 2. It’s too late this year anyways, so we might as well just ride this turd out and hope for better next year.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

The Huddle was calling for this over a month ago.

It was Plain as day that this needed to happen after the Bucs came storming back in Charlotte and then we got obliterated against Pitt. 

Ron cost himself his own job with his loyalty. 

Archived