• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Winners and Loser

Jeremy Igo

Here are the winners and losers from the game as I see it. 

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/2018/12/03/winners-and-losers-carolina-panthers-at-tampa-bay-buccaneers/

TLDR

Winners are CMC and David Tepper. 

CMC for a solid game and Tepper because he now has approval from nearly all the fan base to clean house and make this franchise truly his own. 

Losers

Cam Newton for being a human punching bag and paying the price. Ron Rivera for obvious reasons but likely won't be fired because Norv doesn't want to be a head coach and Washington doesn't deserve it. 

Winners - our next year's draft position of course and everyone who waited for Ron to be canned. 

Losers - everyone who bet on Panthers winning the SB at the start of the season.  

We looked unprepared, again.  Like showing up to an exam after partying the whole night before that unprepared.

Luke was a winner too. His best game all year and he looked like the player that won DPOY in 2013. Constantly in the backfield, broke up several passes and recovered a fumble. Didn’t see him miss any tackles either.

9 minutes ago, t96 said:

Luke was a winner too. His best game all year and he looked like the player that won DPOY in 2013. Constantly in the backfield, broke up several passes and recovered a fumble. Didn’t see him miss any tackles either.

Crazy how a a competent defensive coordinator (Rivera) yesterday, made our defense suddenly look halfway decent again and capable of getting stops. 

I feel like Ron was salty yesterday because he (hopefully) realized his lack of helping or stepping in for Washington has cost him his job.  Ironic that the day he realized this, was the day Cam couldn't save him. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm starting to wonder if all the games we won with Ron Rivera as head coach were a major overachievement.

I was ready for us to part ways with him back in 2014 for a lot of the same reasons that we're going to wind up parting ways with him now.

Many were ready after week 5 (I think our bye was week 4) in 2013 when we were 1-3...

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm starting to wonder if all the games we won with Ron Rivera as head coach were a major overachievement.

I was ready for us to part ways with him back in 2014 for a lot of the same reasons that we're going to wind up parting ways with him now.

Part of me still thinks Rivera is a decent coach, he just needs strong coaches around him more-so than other good coaches. 

But we've also done this song and dance on multiple occasions now, and Rivera's loyalty is his ultimate downfall.  Playing worse vets, loyal to shitty coordinators (Shula, Washington), scared to make change, etc.

WHY THE fug IS BARNER? That's all you need to get that final lock on the door. Give someone that can make a play at least to return that last punt. Either way, this was god awful Tampa, and we may just finish last in the division. Thanks Shittsburgh.

13 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Part of me still thinks Rivera is a decent coach, he just needs strong coaches around him more-so than other good coaches. 

But we've also done this song and dance on multiple occasions now, and Rivera's loyalty is his ultimate downfall.  Playing worse vets, loyal to shitty coordinators (Shula, Washington), scared to make change, etc.

But, that's part of being a HC...  you need to know your own strengths and weaknesses, and when to hand the keys over to an assistant, and when to take the wheel yourself.  As you said, loyalty for him is a huge problem because it doesn't allow him to objectively evaluate job performance...  and for that reason, aside from his poor game management and game prep, I think he is what he is and always will be as a HC.  He won't ever be a good HC because he will always play, hire, and promote "his guys," whether they deserve it or not, and he won't ever intervene until it is too late.

Archived