• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I feel like firing someone

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, raz said:

this.  wouldn't take long.

It’s hard to permanently get rid of people on an Internet forum. There are too many ways to get around it now. Most people have access to numerous IPs. 

I really hope the players don’t read this board. Those controversial threads bring out the worst in people and really shine light on the cockroaches. 

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I bet the Nice folks who push the elevator buttons are probably walking around on eggshells 

In a way.

We all know Ron Rivera is as nice a guy as you could find. Pretty sure the support people who see him around the stadium know that too.

If you've been in an office at a time when you know a popular guy, especially a popular boss, is about to get tossed out on his ear, it's a lousy feeling.

1 minute ago, CBDellinger said:

If this is how David Tepper runs his organizations then we are in for some terrible times ahead. 

However, methinks the 12 B hedge fund guy isnt as prone to knee jerk reactions like the rest of us.  

Firing Rivera isn't "knee jerk". He's had eight years to prove he was good enough. What he's actually proved is that he isn't.

To be honest, I'm reevaluating a lot of the past. I'm not sure he was even as good as I thought he was.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

In a way.

We all know Ron Rivera is as nice a guy as you could find. Pretty sure the support people who see him around the stadium know that too.

If you've been in an office at a time when you know a popular guy, especially a popular boss, is about to get tossed out on his ear, it's a lousy feeling.

I have worked for a large company that was being absorbed by an even larger company and for about 2 months people were walking around like zombies waiting for the hammer to fall on who was gonna be whacked and not retained after the transition. My pay grade is no where near that of an NFL franchise and those jobs are so hard to get I can only imagine what a lot of people are feeling. 

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I have worked for a large company that was being absorbed by an even larger company and for about 2 months people were walking around like zombies waiting for the hammer to fall on who was gonna be whacked and not retained after the translation. My pay grade is no where near that of an NFL franchise and those jobs are so hard to get I can only imagine what a lot of people are feeling. 

That's how I imagine the stadium today.

If you're a member of the coaching staff, yikes! walking through the stadium doors today probably feels like you're walking to your execution.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

That's how I imagine the stadium today.

If you're a member of the coaching staff, yikes!

I won’t feel bad for any of the coaches or management that is whacked. They brought this sh!t on themselves and most will get a very nice severance. 

I’m a UNC fan and Larry Fedora received over a $10 million dollar payday to be told to pack his sh!t, after running the football program into the ground. Good work if you can get it!

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

I have worked for a large company that was being absorbed by an even larger company and for about 2 months people were walking around like zombies waiting for the hammer to fall on who was gonna be whacked and not retained after the translation. My pay grade is no where near that of an NFL franchise and those jobs are so hard to get I can only imagine what a lot of people are feeling. 

I don't feel sorry for them at all. They charge an arm and a leg for a ticket to see them play. And they make a fortune doing it. So the fans expect championships. It's they can't produce get the  f u c k  on, you pocketed enough money to live very comfortable for many life times. This message goes to Ron, Cam, Luke and All the rest of them.

1 minute ago, Malt Liquor said:

I don't feel sorry for them at all. They charge an arm and a leg for a ticket to see them play. And they make a fortune doing it. So the fans expect championships. It's they can't produce get the  f u c k  on, you pocketed enough money to live very comfortable for many life times. This message goes to Ron, Cam, Luke and All the rest of them.

Ditto any of the coaches and management that are fired brought it on themselves. They will get a nice payday on their way out as well. 

Look at that contract Gruden got from the Raiders. 10 years and $100 million IIRC? I mean they guy can take his sweet time and if he gets fired he will still get paid. Scary stuff. 

Firing Ron today would absolutely be a knee jerk reaction. 

I'm betting a bunch of yall are gonna be disappointed when Ron trots out with the team come Monday night. 

If it's gonna happen, the chances it happens after the season are prob pretty high.  Its the smart way to do business. 

8 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I won’t feel bad for any of the coaches or management that is whacked. They brought this sh!t on themselves and most will get a very nice severance. 

I’m a UNC fan and Larry Fedora received over a $10 million dollar payday to be told to pack his sh!t, after running the football program into the ground. Good work if you can get it!

I do.

Granted, they've probably made enough money to make their life easier, but a lot of these guys are good people. Really hate to see them fail.

Rivera being gone also likely means people like Chase Blackburn and Travelle Wharton, guys who were just starting their coaching careers, are going to suffer setbacks also. Hate that too.

1 minute ago, CBDellinger said:

Firing Ron today would absolutely be a knee jerk reaction. 

I'm betting a bunch of yall are gonna be disappointed when Ron trots out with the team come Monday night. 

If it's gonna happen, the chances it happens after the season are prob pretty high.  Its the smart way to do business. 

I'm not expecting Rivera to be fired today. Pretty sure most of us aren't.

Mind you, there are some folks that want it (not me; I don't see the point) but fewer that expect it.

The vast majority expect him to be fired at the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I do.

Granted, they've probably made enough money to make their life easier, but a lot of these guys are good people. Really hate to see them fail.

Rivera being gone also likely means people like Chase Blackburn and Travelle Wharton, guys who were just starting their coaching careers, are going to suffer setbacks also. Hate that too.

I’d hope that the new coach would be able to see the bright spots like Blackburn and Wharton and be able to make a smart decision on them instead of bringing his friends and personal “yes men” in to replace them. Cronyism is how we got in this mess to begin with. 

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

I’d hope that the new coach would be able to see the bright spots like Blackburn and Wharton and be able to make a smart decision on them instead of bringing his friends and personal “yes men” in to replace them. Cronyism is how we got in this mess to begin with. 

Maybe, but a lot of guys have people they want to bring with them from prior jobs. Guess we'll see.

Kinda wonder what happens to Sam Mills III now. Previous leadership encouraged the coaching staff to keep him on. No way of knowing whether Tepper would do that or not.

Archived