• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman was fired for not wanting to sign Olsen and Davis beyond this season

Jeremy Igo

Just now, PleaseCutStewart said:

If Gettleman were graded on everything he did outside of drafting and the Matt Kalil contract, he probably would have graded as an A.

Unfortunately for him, the Kalil contract was awful (wouldn't be surprised if JR forced that one) and his drafting was absolutely miserable. He got us out of cap hell and signed cheap vets that played pretty well in our system back when we had a DC that knew what the hell he was doing (even though Shula was a moron)

Yeah right.

Russel Shepard, Cason, Munnerlyn V2, trading a 4th for a punter, terrible man management. List goes on

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

How many consecutive seasons of making the playoffs do we have with Hurney in charge?

How many 15-1 seasons?

Too bad that 15-1 season where we lost in the super bowl because we had a POS at RT can't count towards future seasons.

I'm not arguing that Hurney is a genius, I'm saying that Dave wasn't a genius either, and he made some horrible moves that are showing up right now.

15 minutes ago, ras977 said:

That means nothing--too many variables to factor in---I asume you know.

It means everything. All the other stuff is just for fans to talk about.

The reality is that Gettleman left Hurney a roster that went 11-5 and made the playoffs. Just a single season later, Hurney's managed to turn it into this.

You guys can troll all you want. All you're doing is making yourselves look stupid. 

Me? I'm looking forward to next year when the last vestiges of Jerry Richardson are sent packing.

Archived