• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman was fired for not wanting to sign Olsen and Davis beyond this season

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, electro's horse said:

also cutting steve smith because of his faith in kelvin benjamin, a player who will be lucky to get a 1 year vet min contract after this season.

steve smith was cut in march 2014 and that was well over a month before kelvin benjamin answered a phone call and was offered a spot on the panthers roster.

besides that there’s like 250 personnel decisions made in the panthers’ history before 2013 and after 2017 that were worse than replacing steve smith with KB. it gets even more reasonable if you consider the rumors about what was happening in the locker room with smith by 2013. he also had decent success against richard sherman and the seahawks’ secondary where smith failed. benjamin had two solid performances against them in 2014 and all we rly got out of smith in his two matchups with seattle in 2012 and 2013 was a mediocre YPC a few drops and some nice UFC-style takedowns.

i know you’ve never had a good thing to say about kelvin and it looks like he’s heading towards falling out of the league pretty soon but a lot of his issues are between his ears and if he didn’t have such a shitty attitude and a lack of discipline he’d have had a more productive career at this point.

I think its crazy how Dallas has pretty much took our formula and built and a better roster than us over the last couple years. Every player on that great defense has been drafted by dallas in the last couple years. I hate jerry Jones but he definitely deserves some credit for that.  Just the type of team we have tried to build here and failed.

Just now, CPF4LIFE said:

I think its crazy how Dallas has pretty much took our formula and built and a better roster than us over the last couple years. Every player on that great defense has been drafted by dallas in the last couple years. I hate jerry Jones but he definitely deserves some credit for that.  

Replace the name "Jerry" with "Stephen".

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Replace the name "Jerry" with "Stephen".

So you saying it was all him even tho Jerry is the Gm? Still....family business to me. Jerry definitely has input on what they do. Team effort or not they have rebuilt pretty well far as defense goes. I still give him credit for that. 

4 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

So you saying it was all him even tho Jerry is the Gm? Still....family business to me. Jerry definitely has input on what they do. Team effort or not they have rebuilt pretty well far as defense goes. I still give him credit for that. 

From what I've read, Stephen has been the main brain down there for a while, now.  Jerry is still a figurehead, but most of the team's best moves have started with Stephen.

7 hours ago, frash.exe said:

i know you’ve never had a good thing to say about kelvin and it looks like he’s heading towards falling out of the league pretty soon but a lot of his issues are between his ears and if he didn’t have such a shitty attitude and a lack of discipline he’d have had a more productive career at this point.

Bruh, if you're really still defending Kelvin Benjamin to paint your uncle Dave in a better light, you need help.

Archived