• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera said he was helping with the defensive play calls

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

Should have been done after Pittsburgh, Ron.  Day late and a dollar short.  

I agree. Great coaches sense when a team is slipping and nip it in the bud right away. 

John Harbaugh fired his Cam Cameron (his OC ) after a 2 game losing streak in 2012. He then took over the playcalling. Ravens were like 9-4 then. Harbaugh took a lot of heat, but he ended up winning the super bowl that year. 

You gotta be a cut-throat in it to win it type of guy. This is a business. Emotional loyalty will cost you. 

4 hours ago, TheRed said:

If it took this long both should be gone this evening.

Fans have been calling for this move for half the season. Washington cost us multiple games despite the offense playing better than they ever have. For that reason RR deserves to get canned. It never should have taken 11-1/2 games to make this move. Washington has been terrible since game 2. 

5 hours ago, Fox007 said:

Yes we already knew several years ago Rivera takes too long to make changes and hangs on too long in literally every case.

Yes we already knew Washington sucks as DC.

Yes we already knew that Rivera promotes from within to try to make his hapless self look better and doesn't surround himself with better prospects on purpose.

We're about to find out a whole lot that we didn't know before though and that's about Tepper. Prospects look pretty good atm but there aren't enough I told you so's to go around in regards to Rivera.

I also think last week broke Cams spirit along with him being hurt. Playing for something can will you to play thru pain and be successful.Ron pissed away this season. After the Steelers game he should have stepped in. It's not like our defense were playing like world beaters before that game. He should have recognized that Washington wasnt ready and stepped in then. You owe it to your team and especially the vets to not waste their opportunity to win a SB but no you sit back until we are near the bring of contention and then step in. I think for the first time in 8yrs Cam finally gave in.

Archived