• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FYI... I still believe the Carolina Panthers can pull it together and win the Superbowl

Jeremy Igo

15 hours ago, juliosantos said:

Talent wise yes , coaching no . Even if we win the Super Bowl as tepper I would still fire rivera 

Has a coach ever been fired after winning a SB? Johnson & the Cowboys "Mutually" parted ways after winning back to back. However, that decision had alot to do with egos.

8 hours ago, Panther8989 said:

Has a coach ever been fired after winning a SB? Johnson & the Cowboys "Mutually" parted ways after winning back to back. However, that decision had alot to do with egos.

It wasn't really that mutual. Jerry Jones reportedly got drunk and started telling people how the Cowboys team was so talented that he could win a Super Bowl with Barry Switzer as his coach. Then he followed through on it.

(drunk tends to amplify stupid)

While he was technically right, he forgot that Jimmy Johnson was the one who built that roster. Minus Johnson, the Cowboys traded back to mediocrity under Jones' leadership.

Also, not a coach but there is one case I know of where a GM was let go not after a Super Bowl victory, but after two losses. That happened to our old buddy Bill Polian in Buffalo.

Archived