• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FYI... I still believe the Carolina Panthers can pull it together and win the Superbowl

Jeremy Igo

5 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I am still a believer.

I believe the Carolina Panthers have the needed talent on the team to beat anyone in the league.

Their back is now against the wall. In the past, this sometimes has helped them produce. They have rallied under Ron Rivera late in the season before, and it is possible they can do it again.

If they win big in Tampa Bay, it could sling shot them into the status of the team no one wants to play in the playoffs.

So we beating the Saints 3x

6 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I am still a believer.

I believe the Carolina Panthers have the needed talent on the team to beat anyone in the league.

Their back is now against the wall. In the past, this sometimes has helped them produce. They have rallied under Ron Rivera late in the season before, and it is possible they can do it again.

If they win big in Tampa Bay, it could sling shot them into the status of the team no one wants to play in the playoffs.

I have a very hard time not believing in the abilities and ego of Cam Newton

that defense though needs a leader as the coaches are not smart. Leave a 8 yard cushion on receivers and any nfl QBs will eat them alive

the middle of that defense is flat out awful....not even smart enough and too damned lazy to get their hands up to block off the passing lanes  

if Luke and Julius and Thomas wants to make it to the off season, they are going to have to get on some of their underperforming peers

IMO, the season will break down into one of 3 scenarios.

Best case: 
Panthers win 4 out of their last 5 and make it as a wild card giving us some fun at the end of the year and a possible shot at a run in the playoffs.

2nd Best case:
Panthers lose out setting us up to get an infusion of youthful talent on the defensive side of the ball

Worst case:
Panthers win 2 or 3 of their last 5 leaving us just on the outside of the playoffs and not in a prime spot to draft a blue chip talent.

IMO, the worst case is unfortunately the most likely.  The good thing is I think the best case is the 2nd most likely because I think we can easily win the next 2, beat the falcons at home, and might get a freebie in week 17 against the saints backups OR sneak out an upset at home against the saints.  The least likely IMO is losing out.

We're a Funchess drop/"lost the ball in the lights" last year away from beating the Saints in NO in the playoffs with what was largely a shitty offense and about the same defense, with a better pass rush. 

We're better this year, whether the record reflects it or not.  We just have to figure out how to close and force a turnover or two.  

7 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I am still a believer.

What? Beating one of the worst teams in the NFL makes them a playoff threat? The Panther don’t have the dline or clutch kicker to go far in the playoffs, two MUSTS for any playoff threat.

All we hear is how they do well late in the season, but the super bowl winner will have done well all season.

I’m sorry but I’ll bet you or anyone $50 right now this team won’t make it to the NFC champ game.

8 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

How many teams who one the superbowl over the past several seasons had great defenses?

doesn't matter how many when the last Super Bowl we made we ran into one of those defenses, so it does happen, often enough for it to happen to us....

our defense that season was also remarkably better than whats being fielded this year and we still lost

Archived