• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moving on... Let us talk @ Buccaneers

Jeremy Igo

We'll probably beat TB again, but it won't matter. We're going to be slaughtered by the Saints, and our defense is not going to hold up against the Falcons who will be able to gash our run defense and set up easy passes for Matty. Let the "play for your jobs" games begin! Better not be the player who poops the bed for the next couple of weeks or you won't be here in 2019. And we know someone is going to screw up because this team has a low football IQ and our coaches don't believe in our QB. Bad combo no matter how much talent we have out there.

Sadly I have zero faith in my team. First time that has happened since siefert 

i remember sitting in the stands taking bets and doing shots on how  much they would lose by

only other time was claussen and fox when  i’d drive from Raleigh and leave at halftime because it was obvious they couldn’t get a first down

this is a 100000 times more heartbreaking as there is no reason for this misery except coaching 

any coach that would give his team five days off after being humiliated on National tv needs to be gone 

22 hours ago, t96 said:

I wish I could be productive with my Sundays when the team sucks but I can never keep myself away from watching the games. It’s like a sickness. When we suck though I generally do a good job of keeping away from football, including reading about the team, etc., outside of our games.

Radio

I'm just as down on the team as anyone else mainly because I'm sick of Ron "Play not to lose" Rivera

But realistically this team still has an extremely good shot at making the playoffs, IF and that's a huge IF, we play a consistent game against TB and Cleveland. 

That would put us at 8-5 and likely holding one of the wildcard spots at that point. The teams in front of us right now are Minnesota, Seattle, and Was. 

Minnesota and Seattle play each other and even though Minnesota is 6-4-1 they have an extremely tough road game next week against New England. They likely are going to be  7-5-1 after those games or worse at 6-6-1. 

Seattle has a frisky SF team that always plays them close then @ Minn. So they are either going to be 8-5 just like us or drop to 7-6. Again they would hold the tiebreaker over us in the case of 8-5 but we would still probably have the WC spot.  

Washington has a cake schedule from here on out but without Alex Smith it's going to be tough for them to put together a bunch of wins, but goddammit we had no business losing that game. Or the Lions game. Or Seattle. for that matter. 

Which brings me back to my original point that Rivera has gotten us into this predicament and it would be certainly better for the future of this franchise if he was fired and we brought in a progressive coach.  

The last three games will be an absolute crapshoot. We can pray for a cold awful day in Charlotte when the Saints come to town. Despite them beating us 3-0 last year we definitely could have won that playoff game. Falcons will be a close game but again winnable as they will definitely be tanking by that point. @NO might be a gift if they are resting their starters, in fact, as messed up as it sounds if you want to make the playoffs we want NO to win out from here (Aside from the game against us of course) and hope the Rams drop one. 

Feel confident the offense will put up 40 or close to it... but defense will give up that much or close to it...

Please dear God don't let it come down to a kick...

After recalibrating my expectations, I am just going to try to enjoy these last 5 games... I will always root in my heart for the Panthers to win regardless of the circumstances, but I know in my head that this team is a borderline playoff team and nothing more, regardless if we do somehow make it in...  

And that long-term a better draft position may be more beneficial... In my head, I think watching Moore and Samuel grow and CMC chase some offensive records is the realistic most positive thing to look forward to the rest of the season.

But my heart still wants to see Peppers, Kalil, & TD (and Cam & Luke for that matter) get another shot at the playoffs.

Archived