• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FYI... Ron Rivera did not play for the field goal on final drive

Jeremy Igo

Even if you can somehow rationalize the final offensive plays, there is simply no way you can excuse Ron Rivera allowing the game to slip away from him like that. Not just at home, but against a Pete Carroll led team that has had our number more often than not numerous times over the years. How in the world was Ron not adequately prepared for that scenario with all the plays he's seen against the Seahawks over the years? That is a failure in coaching.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He still seems to think people take him seriously though.

(probably believes that people are actually reading those wall of text replies he writes)

Some of us have a life outside of here and can tolerate other opinions. Others post all day and take offense to anyone disagreeing who don't give us affirmation. To each his own.

3 hours ago, CBDellinger said:

The problem is Ron could pick red and you would want blue.   

Everyrthing isnt Rons fault.  If moton holds a block, Greg is getting and easy 1st or DJ and wright create a better mesh n the crossing route this game is easily won.  

But when you’re the HC you get the accolades when you win and the blame when you lose. That’s just how it works.

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

And hope you find some happiness and once again become the voice of reason instead of the king of the naysayers.

Going to that tactic, I see.

My life outside of the football world is actually pretty happy right now. Watching lousy football is the biggest downside at the moment.

Given that we've moved on from the creepy old man owner (that you also championed :)) there's hope on that front 

Not even sure why this would be on Ron either way. Norv is the playcaller and Ron has complete trust in Norv. The only decision Ron would be making is if we go for it on 4th down or not and in the situation we were in you pretty much have to attempt the FG even with Gano’s recent struggles.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Going to that tactic, I see.

My life outside of the football world is actually pretty happy right now. Watching lousy football is the biggest downside at the moment.

Given that we've moved on from the creepy old man owner (that you also championed :)) there's hope on that front 

Once again an extreme characterization. Who championed Richardson? If you keep throwing crap on the wall maybe something will stick.

1 minute ago, Bartin said:

Not even sure why this would be on Ron either way. Norv is the playcaller and Ron has complete trust in Norv. The only decision Ron would be making is if we go for it on 4th down or not and in the situation we were in you pretty much have to attempt the FG even with Gano’s recent struggles.

Bullshit. Ron is involved. What Norv is calling out there is exactly what Rivera wants. There's a reason why Ron brought in no other candidates besides Norv Turner and didn't even interview anyone else for the DC position.

How is our fanbase this gullible?

2 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

I don't think he played for the FG either.  But he settled for it when he shouldn't have.  

The odds of us picking up a 4th & 4 are probably higher than Gano making a clutch 53 yard FG.

Right particularly when he made a 63 yarder a few weeks ago and had made 41 straight at home before the miss. But don't let facts get in the way.

Just now, panthers55 said:

Right particularly when he made a 63 yarder a few weeks ago and had made 41 straight at home before the miss. But don't let facts get in the way.

He had also had 3 straight weeks with a miss. 

And prior to that 63 yarder, he had been barely 50% over 50 yards in the last 4 years in Carolina

They definitely slowed the tempo down. I get it, you want to waste some clock, but we don’t have the offensive line for slowed down football. No huddle quick passes work so well yet he changes it in crunch time... What baffles me more than anything is why we refused to give Corn or Captain safety help?? I mean everyone knew where the ball was going on every 3rd down...

I thought he was going for a TD as well when I watched it live.  Personally, I would have gone for it on 4th down because it appears that Gano has a case of the yips, but there is no guarantee that they would have converted.  RR is at the point in his career that he is "damned if you do and damned if you don'."  

Winning cures all wounds and let's hope the Panthers go on a run.  

Archived