• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FYI... Ron Rivera did not play for the field goal on final drive

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Funny you should use that as an example given that the Browns fired their head coach :)

Maybe they have the right idea :thinking:

Hue Jackson has been trash. I would have fired him last season. I would fire Rivera,  but I want Norv to continue as the OC.

4 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

It is called reality based on facts not opinions.

No amount of rationalizing the gaffes of this coaching staff will change the "fact" that Rivera has led us to a 6-5 record. He's the head coach.

Tbh I'm not sure who you think you're fooling anyway, you were a Stan for Mike Shula for years. You don't need to quote me any further.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Funny you should use that as an example given that the Browns fired their head coach :)

Maybe they have the right idea :thinking:

Gee firing a coach after he wins less than 5 games in three years is hardly Earth shattering. How does that relate to Rivera who won 25 in his first 3 years after inheriting a 2-14 team. Again extreme characterizations at work....

5 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Hue Jackson has been trash. I would have fired him last season. I would fire Rivera,  but I want Norv to continue as the OC.

Keeping a good assistant isn't a good enough reason to keep a bad head coach.

The smart thing to do this offseason is, as others have put it, to "remove the last of the Richardson stink" and start over.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Look dude, I get what your schtick is. You defended Mike Shula and Ken Dorsey to the death. Now you're gonna defend Rivera and Hurney the same way. You basically just pick whoever is unpopular and try to troll people with them. And you throw in "wall of text" replies to try to make it look meaningful.

People have stopped responding to him lol. Stopped years ago when I realized that.

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Gee firing a coach after he wins less than 5 games in three years is hardly Earth shattering. How does that relate to Rivera who won 25 in his first 3 years after inheriting a 2-14 team. Again extreme characterizations at work....

Because we want to be a better organization, and expect better results.

Rivera has shot his wad. He's done.

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

No amount of rationalizing the gaffes of this coaching staff will change the "fact" that Rivera has led us to a 6-5 record. He's the head coach.

Tbh I'm not sure who you think you're fooling anyway, you were a Stan for Mike Shula for years. You don't need to quote me any further.

We are 6-5 no doubt. Rivera admitted that the coaching staff has made mistakes putting players in positions to do things that may have been beyond their ability and might need to make changes. And the players have not executed particularly on third down giving up big plays. Your point?

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Because we want to be a better organization, and expect better results.

Rivera has shot his wad. He's done.

In your opinion fine. Doesn't make it true. I want better results. I think we need a new DC and improved talent in the secondary. A legacy of your boy which Hurney couldn't fix in one season. I think Rivera isn't that e problem and like usual your approach is an extreme one like usual and blow it all up. Another extreme characterizations which is unneeded in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

In your opinion fine. Doesn't make it true. I want better results. I think we need a new DC and improved talent in the secondary. A legacy of your boy which Hurney couldn't fix in one season. I think Rivera isn't that e problem and like usual your approach is an extreme one like usual and blow it all up. Another extreme characterizations which is unneeded in my opinion.

Bless your heart :)

6 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

People have stopped responding to him lol. Stopped years ago when I realized that.

The same half dozen  people who put Cam on a pedestal and throw everyone else under the bus. Too bad you dominate this board with all your negativity and misinformation.

Archived