• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FYI... Ron Rivera did not play for the field goal on final drive

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

It’s fair to question one’s intelligence in a situation such as this. Rivera has shown time and time ago that he is not capable of adapting. 

At first I thought he was simply unwilling to adapt but as time goes on it’s becoming more and more clear that he’s actually not capable.

And for that reason, questioning someone’s intelligence is fair.

I don't think that's lack of intelligence. I think that stubbornness.

John Madden was doing Rivera a service when he told him to be confident in who he was. Objectively speaking, that's good advice, but good advice can backfire.

I think this is one of those cases.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You think this year's free agency crop shows competence? And Clark is your best example?

:)

I'd add that our draft success this year is essentially two guys. Nobody else is showing up. The one other guy who looked like he might has been stuck in the coach's doghouse for weeks.

Look dude, I get what your schtick is. You defended Mike Shula and Ken Dorsey to the death. Now you're gonna defend Rivera and Hurney the same way. You basically just pick whoever is unpopular and try to troll people with them. And you throw in "wall of text" replies to try to make it look meaningful.

Maybe that makes you feel like a big deal. Don't know. Don't care. I'm not bored enough to bother debating one of your attempted troll jobs today.

This year's free agency and draft blows away any of Gettleman's offseasons.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The one where they built a team that went 15-1 and made it to a Super Bowl comes to mind.

The great Devin Funchess and Teddy Williams were the catalysts.

Cam, Kuechly, Davis, Olsen, Norman, Stewart, and Short made that season.

3 minutes ago, Car123 said:

The great Devin Funchess and Teddy Williams were the catalysts.

Cam, Kuechly, Davis, Olsen, Norman, Stewart, and Short made that season.

53 plus guys made that season.

The roster as a whole determines your team success, not just five or six guys within it.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

So were the 2011 and 2012 season teams. How'd those years go?

Like I said above, it's the whole roster, not a few guys within it.

JFC lol, how many times has a rookie or second year qb led a team to the playoffs? Hint: not very often.

33 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I question the intelligence of posters who actually think that Ron doesn't adapt or keep saying the same thing over and over based on innuendo and opinion. 

I don’t think anyone who spent their last 5 years defending Shula should be questioning people’s intelligence 

10 minutes ago, Car123 said:

JFC lol, how many times has a rookie or second year qb led a team to the playoffs? Hint: not very often.

What percentage of the time have rosters built by Marty Hurney made the postseason?

Hint: It's the same answer as in your post.

if you ask the same question about rosters built by Dave Gettleman though, you get a very different answer.

Archived