• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FYI... Ron Rivera did not play for the field goal on final drive

Jeremy Igo

13 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

I would have went for it on 4th down before trusting a kicker with the yips to kick a 53 yard field goal

Hindsight is 20/20. Gano has been a little less than perfect, missing 2 FGA on the year, while Buckner has missed only 1. However, the one he missed was >50 yards, while Gano missed 1 of 4 > 50 yards. This loss was solely on the defense... 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Feel free to keep trying, kid.

Meanwhile, I'll stick to conversations with the adults. They're more interesting.

What does your comment have to do with what I commented about Gettleman?

It does fit your pattern of " nonsensical" retorts.

have at it.

Just now, ras977 said:

What does your comment have to do with what I commented about Gettleman?

It does fit your pattern of " nonsensical" retorts.

have at it.

It's more response than it deserved, but I was being kind.

You're basically just trying to be pissy now. Not interesting. 

49 minutes ago, ras977 said:

Getts was terrible , with a Capital T.

Gettleman was far from terrible. He started out well with the exception of how he handled Smith who needed to move on if Cam was going to be the leader. It was how he did it. He was like Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde. He was a nice guy on the field and when telling stories,  someone you wanted to like, a straight talking realist who had an eye for talent at his best. At his worst he was vindictive, petty, and boastful. He liked his reputation as a tough nut who wasn't afraid of anything. He drew lines in the sand and dared you to cross them. He pissed off everyone he negotiated with.  I speculate that he and Richardson disagreed about Olsen and Davis and one thing led to another and when Gettleman refused to sign them Richardson fired him for not following orders. 

2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Gettleman was far from terrible. He started out well with the exception of how he handled Smith who needed to move on if Cam was going to be the leader. It was how he did it. He was like Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde. He was a nice guy on the field and when telling stories,  someone you wanted to like, a straight talking realist who had an eye for talent at his best. At his worst he was vindictive, petty, and boastful. He liked his reputation as a tough nut who wasn't afraid of anything. He drew lines in the sand and dared you to cross them. He pissed off everyone he negotiated with.  I speculate that he and Richardson disagreed about Olsen and Davis and one thing led to another and when Gettleman refused to sign them Richardson fired him for not following orders. 

I agree  with all of the above.

However, I can't, as a Panthers fan. forget or forgive, how he fuged up the Norman situation.

Its still haunting us.

Read option on first down. This is just a symptom of who we are. That play needs to go away. We have far too many players at skill positions. I really thought we'd feature this poo less with Norv as the OC, as I said preseason. I only want Cam to run the ball on short yardage or goal line. He will get plenty of opportunities to run the ball scrambling due to our repeated failure to address the Oline every offseason. We need Cam here 10 years from now. We need a fricking full Pro offense. This is modern NFL football, time to catch up. 

41 minutes ago, ras977 said:

I agree  with all of the above.

However, I can't, as a Panthers fan. forget or forgive, how he fuged up the Norman situation.

Its still haunting us.

That is when I started to turn against him. He could have continued the negotiations as Norman wanted to be here and once he got rescinded he fired his agent and asked to keep negotiating. Gettleman could have gotten a hometown discount and had no reason not to keep going. It wasn't like he used it to sign KK as was reported the reason we moved on. It was Gettleman getting even for Norman holding out and playing tough guy. He said screw you I win and then screwed the pooch not bringing in veteran corners and using rookies. The biggest drop ever from 15-1 to 6-10 in one year without your franchise quarterback being lost for the season.

Archived