• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone feel Funchess should be retained?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Glitchh said:

Nicely said, the guy is a #2 receiver and should be paid accordingly, if that money isn't good enough for him then show him the door.

I think he'll be a number two receiver, but not here. Moore and Samuel have supplanted him.

(or will once we have a coach that will actually keep Samuel on the field)

Funchess might be one of the worst wide receivers i have seen. Every once in a while he makes a great catch, but most often he drops passes as long as he is just a little bit contested. One of the most frustrating guys to watch because he leaves so many plays on the field and i am seriously struggling to see why we would pay him as he does more harm than good to this team.

We have a #1, #2, and slot WR.  He will want #1 or #2 money.  We should sign a good mid-level free agent with hands.  My experience has  been that WRs should be able to catch the football when thrown to them in the form of a forward pass.  With that in mind--NOPE

2 hours ago, AggieLean said:

Nah, id let him go. 

Moore, Samuel, and Wright are ahead of him and who we should build around. Draft a big guy late in the draft, and roll with that. Funchess isn’t better than those 3, and he really doesn’t play to his size, so there’s no use for him here.

2 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

Nope. 

CMC had a career day

Cam started 14-14 and ended with a ridiculous passer rating/comp ptg.

This offense hummed yesterday without him. 

I'd rather spend that money towards retaining Eric Reid or putting it towards the Brinks truck that Trey Flowers or Frank Clark are going to demand in FA. 

Somebody will overpay for him....they always do, and it best not be us. 

I don't think I could have expressed my thoughts any better than you two on this topic so I just quoted/highlighted your posts. 

The Seattle game proved that Funchess isn't a necessary asset in our offense. Right now he's arguably the 4th best receiver on the team and when his deal expires I doubt he's going to want #4 receiver money. It's always nice to have a tall/big receiver (especially in the red zone), but we can find one in the draft. As Aggie Lean pointed out...Devin doesn't play to his size so his height hasn't helped his game.

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I'm interested. Does anyone think Funchess should be paid millions to stay in Carolina? If so, why?

no. 

biggest problem with our passing O post 89's prime is building it with guys like Fun, KB, etc. 

the name of the game is playmakers in 2018.  Dudes that can catch and make plays.  Fun isn't that.  He is a big body WR that can sometimes catch and fall down.  Other times he plays like he is 4 ft tall. 

you think the Steelers are like, man, I wish we had a big body WR instead of Brown and JuJu.  Or KC right now is wishing they had someone else to put on the field besides Hill and Sammy? 

You want a big body? Get a TE.  Need playmakers at WR.  We got 2.  We need to use them.  

We need to be looking for Olsen's replacement though. Dude's wheels are falling off IMO

Archived