• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone feel Funchess should be retained?

Jeremy Igo

Nope. 

CMC had a career day

Cam started 14-14 and ended with a ridiculous passer rating/comp ptg.

This offense hummed yesterday without him. 

I'd rather spend that money towards retaining Eric Reid or putting it towards the Brinks truck that Trey Flowers or Frank Clark are going to demand in FA. 

Somebody will overpay for him....they always do, and it best not be us. 

I don't actually think Funchess is a bad receiver. Lord knows he's had plenty of good moments with us.

The primary issue is that he's not suited to the rule we're asking him to play.That started when we traded away Kelvin Benjamin.

Debate the Benjamin trade all you want. The trade itself isn't the issue. The problem is that following the trade, we chose to try and make Devin Funchess a number one receiver rather than leaving him the number two and putting someone else in the number one role.

Funchess is an Alvin Harper. We're asking him to be a Michael Irvin. It's not working.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't actually think Funchess is a bad receiver. Lord knows he's had plenty of good moments with us.

The primary issue is that he's not suited to the rule we're asking him to play.That started when we traded away Kelvin Benjamin.

Debate the Benjamin trade all you want. The trade itself isn't the issue. The problem is that following the trade, we chose to try and make Devin Funchess a number one receiver rather than leaving him the number two and putting someone else in the number one role.

Funchess is an Alvin Harper. We're asking him to be a Michael Irvin. It's not working.

Nicely said, the guy is a #2 receiver and should be paid accordingly, if that money isn't good enough for him then show him the door.

59 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

moore and samuel are the future. if he wants to accept WR3 money sure, let him come in and fill wright's role for a few years.

I'd honestly rather have Wright. He doesn't do anything spectacular, but he's very reliable. Funchess drops have just killed way too many drives. Give me a reliable chain mover in that slot role. That's exactly what Wright is.

5 minutes ago, RumHam said:

No. He's an average possession guy, has no speed and we don't throw it up to him in the red zone. We need the cap space. He can walk and we can get a possession guy for cheap. Wright is just a must to keep.

You know what you call a possession receiver with bad hands? A shitty wide receiver.

Archived