• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone feel Funchess should be retained?

Jeremy Igo

Obviously, we don't want to give him WR1/WR2 money, because it's pretty clear he's not worth that.  WR3 is debatable.  For me, if we're going to throw WR3 money at someone on our roster right now, I'd rather see us throw money at Jarius Wright.  He's been an incredibly good option for us as a WR3.

Maybe give Funchess a 1 year, prove it deal on WR3 money.

3 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Obviously, we don't want to give him WR1/WR2 money, because it's pretty clear he's not worth that.  WR3 is debatable.  For me, if we're going to throw WR3 money at someone on our roster right now, I'd rather see us throw money at Jarius Wright.  He's been an incredibly good option for us as a WR3.

Maybe give Funchess a 1 year, prove it deal on WR3 money.

No entirely sure how the 5th yr option thing works, but I doubt that the panthers would be able to legally offer anything but that.

Cam completed 83% of his passes on 30 attempts without him.  I dont think thats a coincidence. 

I wouldt pay funchess anywhere near the amount he could get on the open market from some other team stupid enough to over pay him. Id rather use the money to fix up the defense.

Archived