• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seattle Seahawks at Carolina Panthers - Biggest winners and losers

Jeremy Igo

56 minutes ago, MountaineerChemist10 said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Captain Munnerlyn! I had high hopes for the guy after we signed him last season, but so far he's been nothing but a disappointment. 

He is penciled in at the loser's column almost every game, it is more of a surprise if he actually plays well. I don't understand how he plays 8 yards off and still gets beat or misses a tackle. I dont understand what Rivera sees in him. Everytime he is sent on a blitz, we give up a chunk play because he no longer has the speed to get home. He is regularly targeted by the opposing Quarterback on crucial passing downs. Ross Cockrell injury IMO has hurt this team the most. 

2 hours ago, MountaineerChemist10 said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Captain Munnerlyn! I had high hopes for the guy after we signed him last season, but so far he's been nothing but a disappointment. 

Munnerlyn was washed up when Gettleman signed him. Never understood the infatuation with him after his first stint here. Went to MN and was hidden very well by a true top 10 defense. He came here and got exposed, badly.

I don't think Luke Kuechly is getting enough credit for his performance yesterday. I was at the game, and he was clearly playing his ass off. Especially in the Seahawk's third quarter drive that ended with the failed completion to Moore. He was in every tackle, and he himself made at least three of the plays that prevented them from getting a touchdown, which would have sealed Carolina's loss for good. He was the one that made that stand a success.

It looked like he was the only player on that defense that was brawling every single play, and in my opinion, he's the player that was the most upset about the loss because he knew his defense failed to do their job. He was fuming, he literally just ran off the field with his helmet on after the game and didn't speak to a soul.

Were not going anywhere until we solve our pass rush and DB pass coverage problems.  

Yes,  Cam made 1 mistake.  Yes,  the offense sputtered at times. But the ongoing major narrative in this losing streak we have had,  is the fact that we can not get to the QB and can not cover anyone down the field when it matters most.  And also Gano missing critical kicks in consecutive games  that were decided by 1 point and 3 points were absolute killers. 

Defense needs an overhaul and so does the coaching. It will take an entire offseason or maybe even two of them to get to the point where the defense isnt screwing us out of games anymore.

I think we have at least 4 good years left of cam/luke before they start to seriously decline physically due to age.  I think that is enough time to shore up the defense and for tepper to bring in a hand picked coaching staff, and give us at least two more legitmate shots at a championship 

Losers.  

The season ticket holders who have seen this show before time after time after time with this franchise

Panthers need a proven GM with a winning track record and a coach not stuck in the 1980s Super Bowl shuffle 

it is a business, a turnover and retool business thanks to the salary cap and running it like a mom and pop shop has it where it is today 

26 minutes ago, honsin said:

I don't think Luke Kuechly is getting enough credit for his performance yesterday. I was at the game, and he was clearly playing his ass off. Especially in the Seahawk's third quarter drive that ended with the failed completion to Moore. He was in every tackle, and he himself made at least three of the plays that prevented them from getting a touchdown, which would have sealed Carolina's loss for good. He was the one that made that stand a success.

It looked like he was the only player on that defense that was brawling every single play, and in my opinion, he's the player that was the most upset about the loss because he knew his defense failed to do their job. He was fuming, he literally just ran off the field with his helmet on after the game and didn't speak to a soul.

And this isn’t new... most of this defense is either old and been paid or should not be playing. Sad

Well written and accurate. 

Winners: I would add that Clark is playing better than expected.  Matsko is a winner.  He is so good at the details and winning with what he has on the roster----hmmmmm.  Nah.

KK and Short played well vs the run and kept folks off Luke.

LOSERS:  Captain Munnerlyn, Corn Elder, DC Washington, "Riverboat stuck on a sandbar and sinking into the Catawba River muck" Rivera, etc.

Funchess--he has earned nothing and deserves nothing.  When Cam was completing 56% of his passes, we needed big WRs like Fun and Benji.  No longer.  I will live or die with Samuel, Moore, and Wright.

Since you all want to know who  is on my "Get the Hell out of Dodge, you underperforming, overpaid SOB!" List:

•  Devin Funchess:  Use the money he will demand in the offseason to  lock up Daryl Williams.
  • Captain Munnerlyn:  Scared to hit, can't cover.  Aside from that, he is great.
  • Matt Kalil:  Take your millions and try not to feel like a thief when you leave, you thief.
  • Torrey Smith:  Our second starting WR joins the #1 WR on the "Last Train to Outahereville."

Now for the hard, tough decisions:

Thomas Davis:  Is he really that effective?  Is this a case of RR loving on some veterans?  3 major knee surgeries--how much does he really have left? 

Greg Olsen:  I know he is still effective, but is he worth his salary?  He is a tremendous leader and role model, so I probably keep him, but that recurring foot issue is a concern.  Thank God Rivera is developing Ian Thomas....

Ryan Kalil:  We need a smart, effective center to help Cam.  There are some good Centers in this draft.  And I want to throw this out there--if we find a LT, Moton is smart and has worked at Center.  Not ideal, but just throwing it out there.

Archived