• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seattle - #1 ranked rushing offense

Jeremy Igo

Seattle runs the ball. I mean they run the ball a lot. 

They currently rank 1st overall rushing, but only 8th in yard per attempt. Not as good as Carolina's 3rd ranked rushing per attempt rank. 

So, this game will come down to the defensive line, yes? Stifle the Seattle run game and the victory is ours. 

Will this finally be the game KK Short and Dontari Poe decide to show out? 

Eric Washington's got this, right?

Oye.

I just don't have much faith in this front seven anymore and I think the biggest issue is the guy running the D. Not ready to blame the players for the mess. Good performers can only do so much under bad/weak management.

Btw, if I was Rivera right now, I'd be taking over that defense and making it right. 

You want to ensure you've got a job tomorrow when poo is falling apart? Step up and fix it. There's a tone for delegating and there's a time to take matters into your own hands and Ron hit that point 2 weeks ago.

56 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Btw, if I was Rivera right now, I'd be taking over that defense and making it right. 

You want to ensure you've got a job tomorrow when poo is falling apart? Step up and fix it. There's a tone for delegating and there's a time to take matters into your own hands and Ron hit that point 2 weeks ago.

I actually saw him with a play card the lions game so he definitely is helping. 

5 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Seattle runs the ball. I mean they run the ball a lot. 

They currently rank 1st overall rushing, but only 8th in yard per attempt. Not as good as Carolina's 3rd ranked rushing per attempt rank. 

So, this game will come down to the defensive line, yes? Stifle the Seattle run game and the victory is ours. 

Will this finally be the game KK Short and Dontari Poe decide to show out? 

No. I honestly think that they both have essentially mailed it in. Poe saw this as a last contract to get paid and nothing more. KK came into the season woefully unprepared and hasn’t been close to what he’s been in the past. Washington gets a lot of heat...and rightfully so. But there has been no difference between our max contract DTs and the guys playing behind him. That’s a pretty big problem. I don’t see it getting solved this year. 

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

Eric Washington's got this, right?

Oye.

I just don't have much faith in this front seven anymore and I think the biggest issue is the guy running the D. Not ready to blame the players for the mess. Good performers can only do so much under bad/weak management.

Yep.

Most QBs have had their average time per pass significantly decrease against the Panthers. They know the front seven is good, but because Washington is so keen on calling off coverage and ancient defensive coverage pass offs that don’t work in the modern era, it’s easy to ignore their threat.

I feel like its gonna be Wilson scrambling around to buy time and chunking up prayers that are always completed and their passing game looks like the Steelers...

the blueprint on how to beat Riveras panthers has been the same since at least the super bowl, they cant stop deep passes and just smother the offense

Archived