• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A whole lot of Panthers can play the X actually.

Jeremy Igo

the whole X-as-a-possession-receiver is an archetype most of the league left behind years ago. ron continues to get embarrassed precisely because of his inability to adapt.

good coaches would've plugged an effective player like samuel into the X and thrived, but ron's shitty X needs a tight back before he'll be replaced by a guy twice as effective.

just humiliating 

Hey you can address me by name Mr. Igo. Saying we have to play the "X by committee" is a literal admission that we have no one else who can play the X. Kinda validating that one of the best and longest tenured OC's in the game sees things the same way I do.

I mean, what are we gonna do, line up on offense with 10 players? Of course someone will be playing the X receiver position, that doesn't mean they are actually suited for it.

1 hour ago, Byrdman4real said:

Watch Rivera smash all our hopes, and let Smith play the X the whole game. 

I'm talking about not coming out until he's huffing and puffing hands on pads before we let any other option see the field. Does anyone remember the play this year were Smith ran a route and didn't look back in his route the ball hits him in the face mask almost picked? I'll take it off the air with that.

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I noticed someone say Funchess is the only receiver capable of playing the X position 

Apparently, many can.

1 hour ago, FugAllY'all said:

Hey you can address me by name Mr. Igo. Saying we have to play the "X by committee" is a literal admission that we have no one else who can play the X. Kinda validating that one of the best and longest tenured OC's in the game sees things the same way I do.

I mean, what are we gonna do, line up on offense with 10 players? Of course someone will be playing the X receiver position, that doesn't mean they are actually suited for it.

What are you taking about Olsen is the “X” and does more for a run game than WR ever will. 

Norv just needs to ultilize him more.

1 hour ago, FugAllY'all said:

The real question is would someone else, even a shorter player perform better in his role?

Yes.

He hurt us with all those drops. It's Rivera's fault though he should have sat after the third drop. Rivera let that man hang himself in a contract year.

Homecoming or not a veteran shouldn't act like a rookie in HIS homecoming game. I've been in this guys corner but if rookies are outshining you, you've got to understand what your role is in the NFL and how that affects your pay.

6 hours ago, PhillyB said:

the whole X-as-a-possession-receiver is an archetype most of the league left behind years ago. ron continues to get embarrassed precisely because of his inability to adapt.

good coaches would've plugged an effective player like samuel into the X and thrived, but ron's shitty X needs a tight back before he'll be replaced by a guy twice as effective.

just humiliating 

emptyquote

Archived