• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Funchess not at practice today

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, FugAllY'all said:

Funchess is literally the only receiver on our roster who can play the "X" receiver position. Has the size and quickness to beat press coverage on short routes while also the straight line speed to go down the sideline. I know we're all jonesing for Curtis Samuel and DJ Moore lining up wide opposite each other, but whichever one has the defenses best press corner on them won't be able to do a damn thing. Funchess is important because if nothing else, he draws the other team's best DB. 

If there is only one single player on the entire team that can play an individual critical position on offense, then fire Hurney and Rivera right now because that's the very definition of football malpractice. 

36 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

seems like there's been some mental problems all season.  Remember earlier when he didn't reach for that pass on the sideline and Cam was caught on camera telling him to reach?  

I didn't see it myself, but in the game thread on Sunday somebody mentioned that Cam and Funchess were barking at each other coming off of the field.  If that is true, its starting to look like a trend.

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

I didn't see it myself, but in the game thread on Sunday somebody mentioned that Cam and Funchess were barking at each other coming off of the field.  If that is true, its starting to look like a trend.

hadn't heard that, but I did read that Cam gave him a talking to in the locker room at the half.

17 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I noticed in the preseason that whenever Cam was asked about the new WRs he would remind the media that Funchess was still the #1.  He may have been the last one holding out hope for the dude so Funchess's role is in jeopardy now if they're beefing

Archived